[OPEN] Sing for your supper
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Jigano grinned, appreciating an appreciative audience as Edy encouraged him to continue. ”A scholar and a bard,” he confirmed, rolling the whiskey glass between his fingers with deft control. ”Or rather, a lorekeeper by preference, and a bard by inclination and a desire to keep myself in enough coin to finance the former. Though with the broken library open to all and large enough for a lifetime’s study, and my coinage apparently useless, well…” he lifted one shoulder in an eloquent shrug, a small frown marring his sharp features. ”I’ll be rethinking my immediate future. Any suggestions you may have would be most welcome.” Spitfire she might be – and in more ways than one, as she called flames to her hand without apparent effort or foci – but she had the advantage of experience on him in this world, and he wasn’t so proud as to turn away advice from someone younger than him.

Especially someone with a clever tongue and a ready smile – or at least, ready smirk. Her sense of humor had him laughing along with her, and he admired the rich timbre of her voice, and the fact that she didn’t try to hide or hold back her enjoyment of her own joke. ”Oh, I’ve read a few pages here and there,” he agreed lightly, blue eyes sparkling. ”Shy, retiring fruits usually, not given to much noise or exercise. Not like tomatoes, at least!” He followed her gaze down to their cups as she refilled them, inspiration sparking as something she’d said earlier rose to the surface of his thoughts. ”Ah yes, it’s been just terrible the way I’ve been taking advantage of you,” he agreed absently, gaze sharpening on the whiskey as he swirled it contemplatively. ”But… you did say the alchemist’s liquor had a floral tone? We might be able to do something with that and a bit of pumpkin flavoring, perhaps a paste we can dilute and strain before adding to the drink?” He blinked, shaking himself out of his internal perusal of comments and snippets of books he’d read on the subject. Not one of his specialties, but it was amazing when little nuggets of seemingly random information would come in useful in his travels!

Switching subjects he tried to offer Edy the simplest summary of religion in a nutshell – she didn’t seem the type to enjoy long, drawn out pontifications on the finer points of different theologies from a world she’d likely never see. Samuel would be far more interested, for one thing, and Jigano hoped he was reading his current audience right. Her prompt dismissal of what he described brought a rueful grin back to his lips, though her relation of the local deific shenanigans quickly smoothed it away, one brow arching again in surprise. ”Well that sounds downright petty, actually. Not, apparently, one of the better class of gods.” He sniffed stuffily, putting on a mockery of a noble air, the hint of a sly smile quirking the edge of his mouth as he sipped more sedately at his glass – raising his pinky as if at tea.

It was just as interesting to hear of Edy’s origin as of the new divine meddlers in his life, and Jigano listened quietly, encouragingly intent. ”Some other mischief cooked up by the local gods?” he asked quietly, running a thoughtful finger around the rim of his mostly-full glass and drawing a soft, pure tone from it.

Messages In This Thread
[OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Jigano - 12-14-2018, 09:21 PM
RE: [OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Edrei - 12-14-2018, 09:28 PM
RE: [OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Jigano - 12-15-2018, 03:42 AM
RE: [OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Edrei - 12-15-2018, 08:52 PM
RE: [OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Jigano - 12-16-2018, 04:58 AM
RE: [OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Edrei - 12-17-2018, 01:56 AM
RE: [OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Jigano - 12-17-2018, 04:10 AM
RE: [OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Edrei - 12-18-2018, 09:44 PM
RE: [OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Jigano - 12-19-2018, 12:14 AM
RE: [OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Edrei - 12-19-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: [OPEN] Sing for your supper - by Jigano - 12-19-2018, 06:59 PM