open mind for a different view
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
Maea snorted, her fingers tickling at his side - though she wasn't sure if it actually would work. "I think I can come up with something far more interesting, if things do go wrong," she said rather loftily - with a hint of a threat somewhere in those words. If her relationship somehow did break apart, there would be hell to pay for someone... though she could not say whom. But better to not jinx this.

Rather content, the girl settled into the embrace, a small smile on her face. Standing like this was nice. Amun wasn't warm. All the heat in the room came from the residual temperature of the day and the kiln, from her; his presence at her side was cool and calm and very reassuring, in a way she had not felt for a very long time. Not since her actual brother had last held her. Amun wasn't Noah, nor could he ever replace him, but as far as additional family went... he fit the bill very well.
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amun didn't react as Maea tickled him, though he gave her a rueful look as she did. It morphed into one of pure amusement at her threat. "Ooooo scary. I'm quaking in my boots." Reaching out, he tickled her side right back, not caring at how unfair it might be. "Don't tell me you've been plotting out elaborate revenge fantasies. At least, not without me!" Chuckling, he continued to tickle her, though he'd stop the moment she asked.

As they simply stood together, however, he found himself smiling genuinely for a brief moment. Not one for standing still, though, he quickly turned so he could look at her. "You know, we never did test your dancing skills."
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
Squealing, she writhed under his digging fingers, reflexively swatting at his hands until he stopped. She wasn't awfully ticklish, but a good sight more than he was. "Not fair, don't you have any weaknesses?" she pouted. "Aside from the obvious ones..." Her eyes flitted to the kiln, thinking of the fire within it, and the sun that must be about to set outside. But she could hardly flick fire at him for giggles, that would be a whole other level of serious murder attempt.

When he turned to face her, Maea tilted her head a little, somewhat bemused. "Can we do that without music though? I do know some, the basic dances... but I'm not great at it." She thought of the Midnight Gathering, how she'd taught Sunjata the steps... she'd trodden on his feet more than once, even in the simple 'step, step, turn' sequences. It took no skill at all to just twirl either. "I might break your toes," she added, in fair warning.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Amun grinned at Maea's complaining. "Nope! I am practically perfect in every way." Still, he lowered his hand, releasing her from her torture. Then he cocked his head to the side and gained a thoughtful expression, though his eyes glittered wickedly. "I suppose I do have a weakness for pretty men." Sighing dramatically, he let a dream look cross his features before breaking into a smirk.

"No, you're right, we cannot." Then he gave her another brilliant grin. "Luckily, I don't need my breath for dancing." Sliding one hand to her shoulder blade and grabbing her hand with his free one, he started humming a waltz. Pausing, he chuckled at her threat. "Thankfully, broken toes are hardly a deterrent to Ascended." With that, he resumed his hum, at a slow tempo, and stepped forward to lead her in a basic step.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"Hm, boring," she complained, with a glitter in her eyes. "There must be something... besides that. No one likes people who are too perfect, you know. Makes them feel inferior."

Maea adjusted her grip on him and tried to follow his steps as he led her into the dance. The basic steps were not a problem, aside from the fact that she wasn't used to them... what she really struggled with was following where he lead her. Perhaps it was an issue of being too independent, but she rather tended to want to lead too. Or maybe it was a trust issue, that she couldn't leave it entirely to him to decide where they were going.

Any witty remarks died away as she tried to focus, tensing in the effort not to make mistakes.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun placed a hand on his heart and gave her an overly dramatic hurt expression. ”You wound me. Boring? My ego can’t take such an insult from someone I trusted." Chuckling, he shook his head.

However he grew more serious, and gave her a considering expression. "Alright. Fine. I am terrible at relationships. Good at the whole sex thing, but people start to talk about shacking up and I run for the hills." He shrugged, not upset at the admission, though he knew others might view it as a flaw.

As she struggled to follow his lead, he didn't relent, though he did slow the tempo even further. However, there was only so slowly he could go before it ceased to be considered a waltz. Pausing his hum, he smirked at her. "Relax. You're stiff as a board." He shook the hand that was holding her, trying to get her arm to be less stiff before he resumed the steps.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Maea tried to loosen up, to follow along, painfully aware that he was slowing the pace down for her. Drawing a deep breath, she tried to become more flexible, loosening the spine a little; the improvement was slight, but it was there. At least the steps were coming easier, and she had no problem with being close to him. It felt very safe, in every possible sense... though perhaps he'd be offended to know that.

"What is it about living with someone that scares you? Or is it commitment as a whole that's the problem?" she asked, welcoming any distraction if it made her take focus away from what she was doing. Perhaps she was just overthinking it, trying too hard.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
As Maea got the hang of it, and loosened up enough that Amun smiled approvingly, he started to pick up the tempo a bit. It was a gradual accelerando, so gradual that she probably wouldn't be able to consciously register it. Although the steps were still basic, as the speed went up it would become slightly more difficult.

"Hey, I'm not scared." He gave her a bemused and yet somehow slightly feigned hurt look. "I just don't see the appeal in commitment, that's all." Careful not to dislodge her or to disrupt the dance (more than the interuption to his humming did, at least), he shrugged. "I like my space and my freedom. I'm used to a nomadic lifestyle, which means not being tied down too long by people and things."

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She did not notice the increased pace until it was already established. With it, Maea seemed to move a little easier, forced to simply flow along unless she really wanted to step on his toes. It was close a few times, and she nearly tripped herself trying to avoid it, leaning heavily into his steadying grasp.

"So, what you're looking for is not something permanent, then?" She looked up to search him for clarification. "You just... want the fun, with no promises." It was hard to tell what she thought of the notion; at least there was no open judgement. Maea just wanted to understand better, so she could help him. Keep her eyes open for the right person. The pauses in the melody as he talked was less of a problem than she'd thought; the rhythm was established, and she just followed it as best she could in the intervals of speaking.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun held Maea easily. Honestly, he was a decent dancer even without his magic shoes, so he was happy to support her and guide her through the steps as he continued to gradual increase the tempo. ”I guess I’m not opposed to something permanent." He surprised even himself with that statement.

"I’ve just...never found it before. And I’m not actively looking for it.” Shrugging carefully again, he lifted his hand to add a simple turn into the mix. Assuming she completed it, he'd sweep her up in his arms once more. "I guess I like to think I'm a fun person, who likes to explore. And that's not exactly conducive to putting down roots." Grinning a bit, he kept leading her. "But if someone wants to drift in the wind with me, that wouldn't be so bad."

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She looked at him, a bit surprised indeed at the admission. Going from from sounding like he would run for the hills if anyone ever mentioned 'tomorrow', to 'permanent is fine' was a big leap. Quite the contradiction... though it did make more sense as he explained. Maea was quiet for a while, focusing on the dance, of making it through the turn without tripping either of them up.

"Someone pretty, who is mature and not bound to one place. Who's up for a bit of fun, and wouldn't mind going along on your expeditions... and possible just right. Dear brother, you sound just a little bit picky, I have to say." She smirked, very much teasing. But then her expression sobered, and the eyes that sought his gaze were quite earnest.

"I don't see why it should be impossible to find someone for you. The world is apparently a rather big place... Don't take my word on this, because I've only just started to figure it out myself, but... apparently, 'home' can be a person too.

"When you find the right one, I don't think the 'where' will really matter anymore."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
As Maea listed all the properties that Amun was looking for in a potential man, the potter just smirked. "So what if I am?" He twirled her again. "Am I not a catch?" Picking up the tempo even further, this time not hiding what he was doing, he caught her after the spin.

"So yes, I'm a bit picky. But who cares if what I'm looking for is just another version of me that doesn't exist." He smirked. "Lesser, of course." Chuckling, he swept her into a quick dip.

When he straightened, he slowed the tempo subconsciously. "Maybe. Or maybe I'll just go on as I have been." He was entirely uncertain if he wanted that, as evidenced by his tone and the more sedate waltz.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"'Walk the same paths, and you'll see the same sights', Amun," Maea told him gently, citing some old proverb. Settling into his slower tempo, she squeezed his hand. "I'll never tell you what you should or shouldn't do, but if you want something to be different, perhaps the one who has to initiate the change is you."

Leaning up, she kissed his cheek with soft lips, and smiled at him. "I know you're a catch, and you know it too. Now it's just a matter of convincing someone else... I'm sure you've no shortage of tricks up your sleeves when it comes to charming people."

He had certainly managed with her, as evidenced by their dancing in his shop this evening, when she'd been so very prepared to condemn him for something he couldn't even help only half a season  earlier. If he put half as much effort into wooing someone else... oh, sweet mercy, they wouldn't stand a chance.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun grinned a little at Maea's clearly rehearsed piece of advice. "Get that one from a village elder in your youth?" His voice was entirely teasing.

Continuing to lead her at a slower pace, he shrugged. "Perhaps. But I don't see why I have to change." His expression and tone grew honestly serious, not at all like the joking manner he usually employed. "I like my life right now."

Smirking, he nodded at her comment. "Oh, aye, I can charm them." Then he sighed, an over the top forlorn sound. "It's keeping them interested that I struggle with. And it's keeping my own interest that's the real problem." He winked at her. "Although my recent dry spell might belie that."

Coding base by Sky!