A Journey of 1k Miles Begins with a Single Step
Zhang Faustein
Healer/Alchemist

Age: 36 | Height: 5' 7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Stein66 Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Several minutes had passed since Zhāng fell silent last, and thanks to the combined efforts of both the strangers who were currently healing his injuries with whatever unknown ability they seemed to possess, he was feeling much stronger, and was nearly back to full operational capacity. Even his vocal cords seemed to have been repaired and he could feel that the areas where he had sensed bone fractures in his body were now mended back to almost normal condition. In addition, his vital organs seemed to have recovered and the pain was almost completely gone now. So, he tried to rise, slowly and steadily of course, to avoid reopening his healed wounds. This time, he actually managed to sit up successfully and for the first time, he was at eye level with the two strangers. The man had been speaking to him earlier, and from what he could discern, the man seemed to think that Zhāng had thrown himself off something he referred to as "The Spire". So Zhāng had tried to correct him, but the woman had started speaking before he could, so he chose to be polite and let her speak her bit first, taking everything she said in as best he could in his present condition. She seemed more polite than the man, albeit less skilled than he was for whatever reason, or at least that's how it seemed to Zhāng. She had even comforted him and assured him that he could ask whatever questions he wanted in order to learn about his new situation and surroundings. So, he replied in his normally unusually rich baritone but mellifluous voice, first to the man

"Thank you very much for the kind advice, good sir. However, I assure you both that I certainly didn't throw myself off any structure...like this...uh...Spire, was it? That said, I am very grateful that you took the trouble to come and heal my injuries. Someday, I will try to repay you for today to the best of my ability."

He bowed his head slightly to emphasize his grateful feeling to the man and then turned his attention to the woman who had continued to reassure him, to thank her as well

"My most sincere thanks to you as well, miss for having taken the time to come to my rescue. I think I will take you up on your offer of acquainting me with this strange new world I seem to have found myself in currently. Perhaps the good sir would like to join you in your effort to help me regain my bearings?"

He asked her with a polite smile on his thin, firm lips and looked at the man who was healing him up till just moments ago with the same polite smile to see if he wanted to join the woman in explaining his situation to him after which he fell silent, wondering what they would say and/or do in response.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Journey of 1k Miles Begins with a Single Step - by Zhang - 02-11-2020, 04:40 PM