A Journey of 1k Miles Begins with a Single Step
Zhang Faustein
Healer/Alchemist

Age: 36 | Height: 5' 7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Stein66 Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Zhang was relieved to that both Rillian and Loren were going to stay to answer his questions and get him up to speed on his new surroundings. After all, as the old aphorism went "two brains are better than one". So, he thanked Loren and continued listening intently to both him and Rillian, with the objective of gleaning as much data as he could from narratives.

"Cai...do...I see, so that's what this place is called by its inhabitants..."

He said slowly so as to get the pronounciation right lest he upset the two before him for some reason.

Well...safe to say I am not in Kansas anymore...oh man, how troublesome...well, nothing I can do about this, I guess...

That thought caused him a moment of profound depression, which in turn, caused him to let out a resigned sigh, but he forced his attention back to the narratives he was listening to lest Rillian and Loren pick up on his dejected mental state, and also since it was vital he not miss any bit of information. Shortly after, Rillian's narrative came to a close and so, he spoke

"Outlanders, eh?...that's quite intriguing...So...these...uh, Portals, was it?...Do they take people at random?...Or is there some intelligence behind them?...perhaps someone or something controlling them to bring certain people here but not others?"

He asked, as he was of course, curious as to why he was the one who got transported and not someone else. Sure, the fact he was alone in his car on that road, but still there were other cars passing by him which had seemed to escape the clutches of the fogbank that had started this whole ordeal.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Journey of 1k Miles Begins with a Single Step - by Zhang - 02-12-2020, 12:58 PM