[Open] Working on a Unified Theory
Open Arrival Thread
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Lancy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
See how the brain plays around
And you fall inside a hole you couldn't see
CthuluCryptical: (15:46:11) Frankly dude, if you can't be assed to actually look into this stuff, get off the IRC
UFOddity: (15:48:14) I've looked into it more than any of you idiots. Why do you think LHU-2s are still going, dipshit? They're UFO investigators. It's obvious when you look at the actual information out there.

Typing so furiously his keyboard was beginning to sound worryingly over-worked, Josh continued to write out his proof. Honestly, he didn't know why he bothered with these amateurs, uninformed and close-minded as they were, but arguing with anonymous assholes on a messageboard was easier than calling the news nowadays, as he'd found out.

He remembered a time when the stations had listened to him. His name had had weight. Now he'd had to stop using it for his calls, or they'd hang up immediately.

Josh was just about to hit enter on the most convincing argument ever, several paragraphs of source-checked secret UFO footage...when the screen blinked dark, along with the slow death hum of all the trailers electronics going out at once. Groaning, he ran a hand over his face and kicked his chair back, crawling under the desk to see what had gone this time; when the noise happened.

It was like a choking, gasping breath, an electronic buzz, an explosion, all at once; it came with a bright light shining in through his windows that made Josh immediately turn and run to the door, unsure of what was happening but knowing he didn't want to miss it. Grabbing his camera just as he opened the door he raised it to take a photo, clasped the print in his fingers--

--Then he was holding the photo still, still dressed in his orange suit and with his glasses, the dirt from his door frame on his sleeve...but he was in a field, at the bottom of a large...black...obelisk structure? Turning to stare at it, still half-laid on the floor, Josh tried to process what happened, hands wobbly reaching for the notepad in his pocket.
Doctor I can't tell if I'm not me
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
[Open] Working on a Unified Theory - by Joshua - 02-11-2020, 10:09 PM