Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 22 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural
Level: 5 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 11
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP:
MAEA
Maea winced as her intended respect made the woman huff in outrage. Was it bad to be old here? At home it was an accomplishment to have survived long enough for wrinkles. She watched the back of the healer with a rueful expression, rather vexed that Saiden had to cover up her mistake (again), and only turned her attention back to the man when the woman was out of earshot.

She sat up more properly and accepted the crystal he offered. Turning it in her hands, she found it a lot smaller than expected, and strangely heavy. The weight of it anchored her back into reality, the gravity of what they had accomplished a mix of leaden guilt and soaring pride arcing along her spine. "I see. Purely practical reasons, then. Still, I'm grateful." Looking up, Maea offered him a tentative smile, the first one she'd made that day. "You're not half bad to have along on stupid missions."
Nothing lasts forever, I thought you should know
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Permission granted for magic/violence, short of killing.
Unless otherwise stated, Maea is always wearing Ludo's Rags around her shoulders.
Saiden Hali
Pirate

Age: 26 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 4 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 8
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP:
Saiden grinned easily at Maea. "I'm a practical guy. And you're welcome. Don't get used to it. " So said, he slipped his pack back on and stood up.

Laughing brightly, he shrugged. "I'll take half-good. It's always nice to have a little good and a little bad in you." He reached down to give her a hand up, should she need it and choose to accept it.

Regardless, he'd reached up to adjust the straps of his bag then. 'Right then. You ready to go and test your next little toy?" He pointed at the incredibly close water, then began to walk towards it without bothering to see if she was following.

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Change author:
MP:
MAEA
She did accept the hand, and managed to stand with a slight wince. Unlike Loren's ministrations, this healing still left her feeling battered and sore; there was a pressure in her head still, and every muscle in her body ached. She was tempted to decline, to head straight back home and sleep for the next few days, but... looking down at the crystal, she thought better of it. After all this, Maea wanted to make sure it would actually work.

So she sighed, and waded out into the water after him. Already sopping wet, the ocean was actually more comfortable than the shore, and it soothed the strain on her muscles.

"How does it work," she asked Saiden, tired but determined.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Unless otherwise stated, Maea is always wearing Ludo's Rags around her shoulders.
Saiden Hali
Pirate

Age: 26 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 4 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 8
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP:
Smiling as Maea managed to get upright, Saiden gave her the crystal. As she followed him out to the water, he shrugged. "I did tell ya that the crystals are just a rumor, right? I dunno if this will actually work." He'd mentioned that before, but he didn't want her getting upset if this ended up to be a fool's errand.

Coming to a stop, he put his hands on his hips. "Supposedly, you press the crystal against your throat. Then you can breathe." Gesturing at the sea, he grinned. "So I guess it's time for you to take a little swim. Don't worry, I'll rescue you again if this goes sideways."

Coding base by Sky!
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Change author:
MP:
MAEA
Wading out after him, Maea nodded. She'd heard about the crystal from someone who'd seen it work, so perhaps she trusted it a bit more, but there was still a niggling doubt left in her.

"Suppose there's only one way to find out," she shrugged. Lifting the crystal to her throat, the girl sank down into the water and let it rise up above her head. But there, she hit an immediate snag. The instinct to hold her breath was immense, and the natural resistance against letting water into the lungs made her shoot back to the surface again. After the third time, she spat salt from her lips and glared at the ocean, then bit her teeth together and looked at Saiden.

"You're gonna have to hold me down," she told him, grim faced. "Until I have no choice but to breathe in under there."

Basically... until she either began to drown, or the pearl began to work.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3