well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
A deeper conversation is all I want from you-
All the accurate accusations in the world, and he chooses to level a baseless one. Amalia blinks at Loren's approach, leaning back reflexively as his hands hit the counter. There is a dry, dusty anger in the core of her chest; she almost laughs at the audacity, the sheer ridiculousness of it all. Of course Sunjata has made this whole thing out to be her fault. Why should he take responsibility for anything, when there are scapegoats so easy to douse in blame?

It's Astra's presence and soft voice that allows her to keep her calm. Jyoti helps, too, descending from the rafters where she lay asleep to croon a note of concerned uncertainty, starlight spreading between the humans who are both so horribly hurt. Reaching down to scratch Astra between her ears, Amalia does not look at Loren when she replies, her voice empty and blank. "We never should have chosen a dragon," she agrees, as though she'd had any say in the matter. As though it had been her quest. "None of us... none of us knew enough about them. We were stupid." To Astra, silently, she adds: I'm sorry. I don't know if I can help him. I'm lonely and angry and sad, too.
- I want the words you're afraid to say:
the lonely ones you keep hidden
between the folds of your heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you - by Amalia - 02-18-2020, 05:31 PM