well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
A deeper conversation is all I want from you-
Amalia does not react to the hand on her shoulder, though the arms across her narrow chest shift their grip. "No," she agrees, voice still dull, not looking up at Loren despite his supplications, his reassurance. "I didn't kill them. But my actions were part of what led to their death." No matter how well-intended, no matter what she'd hoped- and oh, she can trace back a long chain of choices that led to this moment, a string of unbreakable, unfixable mistakes that seemed so very right at the time they happened.

Maybe the blood of those who died is on Loren's hand. Amalia certainly does not reassure him, not this time, not today.

"It was sudden," Amalia agrees. The scene plays out before her, the way it had so many times in her nightmares, waking and asleep. "And it was also slow. Coffee and Apricum went first. Peter was knocked out. Adam... tried to save him." and failed hangs there, obvious enough. Amalia's grip tightens again, claws digging red marks into her arms. "We were able to get Coffee's body. Deimos... had to carry me out." Not because she was injured, but because she would have stayed, would have risked everything for the thinnest chance that Peter and Adam could be saved.
- I want the words you're afraid to say:
the lonely ones you keep hidden
between the folds of your heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you - by Amalia - 02-20-2020, 08:57 PM