well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
A deeper conversation is all I want from you-
A slow blink is the only sign of agreement, consent for magic to warm her water should he choose to use it. He seems distracted by the revelation of Ludo, though, and Amalia leaves the kettle in on the stove, silent as Loren works through his grief. The memory of Abasi peppering Ludo with questions about the afterlife is nearly enough to make her smile. She would have liked to get to know him better, she thinks.

Alas, she never will.

Loren is slow to speak, but his emotions tell volumes. As he builds gratitude and words within his throat Amalia continues to work on tea, removing the steaming kettle from the stove and pouring the water over the dry tea. The aroma that fills the shop is entrancing, a delicate and delicious combination of spice and earth.

It will have to steep before it's ready, and the Shield has work to do. Glancing at Loren with a pulse of sincerity, Amalia offers him a shadow of a smile. "I need to put together the next bake. You're welcome to stay as long as you need." Need, not want, because how often do those things really line up?

She waits a moment for his response, then turns and sets about her work, gathering bowls and flour and oats.
- I want the words you're afraid to say:
the lonely ones you keep hidden
between the folds of your heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you - by Amalia - 03-05-2020, 06:26 PM