well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
"I know." Loren gave Amalia an apologetic smile. Rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, he shrugged. "Would it shock you to discover that I don't think I really deserve help after everything I've done?" Falling silent, he awkwardly shifted his weight from side to side. Lowering his gaze to the countertop, he sighed. "I will take some loaves then, thank you." And if he gave them away in the end, she'd never know.

At the mention of LongNight, though, he bit his lip and glanced back up at her. "On the subject of LongNight...I was going to tell Rexanna to let anyone from the Hollowed Ground who wished to spend it in Halo know they were welcome. At least in my infirmary, so long as they bring their own food and supplies." His voice came out hesitantly, as if he didn't know how she'd take the news.

Nodding at the dismissal, he pushed off from the countertop, reaching out for Astra. "I will. Promise." His luxere companion let out a fond bleat, sending a pulse of affection towards the baker. For his part, the healer looked at Jyoti. "Goodbye Jyoti. And...sorry to both of you, again, for how I acted when I came in here." He turned to go, though he paused in the doorway for a brief moment.

But if the Shield of Safrin had nothing left to add, he'd continue his departure.
what goes, let go
LOREN

Messages In This Thread
RE: well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you - by Loren - 03-23-2020, 11:40 PM