off to the principal's office
for Zariah
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 34 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ZARIAH
I don't give a damn 'bout my bad reputation
The Archmage's head tilted slightly at the question, brow raising at the slight insult. Slowly she slid back in her own chair, crossing her legs as she held Weaver's gaze with slightly pursed lips. At least the girl was direct and capable of keeping her hot temper in some semblance of check. "Quite the contrary. I have the utmost respect for the dangers of Halo, and the other nations of Caido. It is the very reason I held this exact lesson, in fact." she said, voice velvety smooth, calm and soothing.

"You are out hunting or scouting or any number of things that would take you into the Tundra when a blizzard hits out of the blue. You become utterly lost and hunker down until the winds die down, finding yourself farther from the Citadel than you had prepared for. You are near frozen to the bone, exhausted, hungry, when an Ursur attacks." she said more pointedly, laying out a scenario that could easily happen in Halo. "In this physical state, the most powerful magics would be beyond your reach, your body unable to channel the energy necessary to sustain them. You might not even have the strength left to lift a weapon if you are so trained. All that is available to you are your weakest magics and your own ingenuity." she said further explaining the line of thinking.

"That was the point. To put you in an extreme situation to practice the worst case scenario. You were never truly in danger. I was positioned purposefully not just to observe you, but to intervene and protect you all should you fail." Between her mastered lightning and life drain at her vantage point, the Ursur would have been toast near instantly. "The more often you are confronted with the impossible and succeed, the more likely you are to succeed again. Halo offers no mercy to those who are not prepared or who lose their heads."

Messages In This Thread
off to the principal's office - by Weaver - 02-17-2020, 07:03 PM
RE: off to the principal's office - by Zariah - 02-17-2020, 07:28 PM
RE: off to the principal's office - by Weaver - 02-19-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: off to the principal's office - by Zariah - 02-21-2020, 12:28 AM
RE: off to the principal's office - by Weaver - 02-22-2020, 02:09 PM
RE: off to the principal's office - by Zariah - 02-27-2020, 03:24 PM
RE: off to the principal's office - by Weaver - 02-27-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: off to the principal's office - by Zariah - 02-27-2020, 06:32 PM
RE: off to the principal's office - by Weaver - 02-27-2020, 08:31 PM
RE: off to the principal's office - by Zariah - 03-01-2020, 04:53 PM
RE: off to the principal's office - by Weaver - 03-02-2020, 04:57 PM