Once upon a dream
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
Maea considered him, what he said. Slowly, her gazed followed his towards the window and the pale light that brightened the panes. It would be day soon... no doubt she would have tried to wake up in a short while, to begin the day. Going on her run, and then... spend time with Sunjata, and her other friends here, before her break was over and she had to return to Halo. Through a portal. And the next time? Perhaps she would go to Torchline instead, to be with him there. Start building a new life together...

Maea sucked in a startled breath when he reminded him of his status as Outlander. That too she had to chew on for a while, the cold realization that he was right. She hated to admit it, but... he was right. "I suppose... I do have to be grateful for that, at least." It was a reluctant admission, but it was there. "For you, and for the portals... I just wish I knew what she was planning to do next. Once all the lands are uncovered... That's what scares me."

It was very disappointing to find out that bringing the storms down would not be an option. Maea had hoped that it could provide some alternative, but... if not, it left the New God's portals as the only way to breach these barriers.

"Oh well... I've brought down one... what's a few more," she muttered, mostly to herself, and dragged a hand over her face. Tired, weary... The Fate of the World was a rather hefty subject to throw around before breakfast.
Nothing lasts forever, I thought you should know
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
SuNJATA
the flood
He contemplates her, head tilting slightly as he focuses his gaze back onto her, lowering his head to rest his cheek against her in a small nuzzling fashion. “Well, perhaps we’ll be powerful enough to stop her.” He shrugs, all of those that had shown up to help free her — what if they turned on her in the end? Kept her down when the world was free again? It was a lot to think about, and he pulls away reluctantly to chew on the inside of his cheek.

I have used the portals a lot and Safrin’s never mentioned anything. Not when I left for Halo and came back, though the Voice did add her own power to the shrine as it was being made.” He can almost see the snarl leaving his lady of the stars. Exhaling quietly, he shrugs his shoulders and lifts his hand from hers to try and lift her chin to look at him.

He surveys her face then, offering a smaller smile. “We’ll get there when we get there.” A quiet promise, a way to live life to the fullest here rather than cower and worry about what comes next.
rely a bit too heavily on alcohol & irony
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
She rubbed his cheek softly against his, and let him lift her chin to lock gazes. These little touches, how they went straight to her heart. How could this man be anything but real? Copy or not, foreign or not, he was here, and his comforting words did their job of raising her spirits.

"You're right," she smiled, with a soft smile, and leaned in, letting her forehead rest against his. "And if something happens... we'll face it together, yeah?" Lifting a hand, she touched his cheek, cupped it in her palm. Felt the soft skin and the rough stubble, his strong jawline under her fingers.

She didn't know that he kept secrets from her. But even if she'd known, Maea would still trust him to come clean when it really mattred. They all had their own things that they chose not to talk about. To spare the other worry, to try and lighten the load, realize their own dreams.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Yes.” He says softly with a gentler smile, forehead pressing against hers as he searches her gaze. “Together.” He reiterates, because can he truly imagine anything else? Not at the moment, not anymore. Not since the day he’d found her on the beach, realized how much he cared about her. How the trip back from Halo had been disastrous and she hadn’t chastised him for any of it.

He leans down to kiss her lightly, before beginning to unwrap himself from around her, slinking back toward the pillows, an arm outstretched to reach for her and pull her into him. “What are your plans for the day?” He asks quietly, steel gaze focusing on her. “Do you want a partner for your run?
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Meeting his gaze, she searched it for the blue amidst the gray in his eyes. It was hard to spot in the dim light, but Maea knew it was there. Made a game of finding it sometimes, a mere excuse to let herself drown for a moment, to just look at him without the need to say anything. He could become so soft when he wanted, so very gentle, and she felt bundled up and safe in more ways than one when he confirmed her wishes. Together.

Kissing him back, she sank back to the bed, stretching out on her side next to him, pulled in close by his arms with her cheek resting on his shoulder and an arm slung around his waist. The sheets had cooled in the time they'd spent away from them, but she did not mind. Cold bothered her not at all these days, even without Ludo's gift to warm her. The training of the Academy was paying off, though she was always reluctant to go back there. It meant leaving Sunjata, being away from him for long periods at a time.

"Mhm, I'd love company," she replied, and draped the blankets back over them. Because it was cozy, more than anything. "Maybe you can keep the pace up for me. I've got some books to return to the Aetheneum after that, and then - " she yawned, scritching her scalp drowsily "- I suppose I better get a message up at the Temple. Let people know there's no point in looking for more information on those storms. Better avoid wasting time on dead ends."

She stroked him gently, enjoying the feeling of his chest under her hands. Sometimes it amazed her how he stayed fit between all the drinking and smoking... "What about you?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
She's pulled in close to him, and he wraps his arm around her shoulders, the other placed behind his head to prop it up, looking over to her with a gentle smile as she tells him she’d like company. It’s been awhile since he’d simply gone out for a run like that for training purposes, and he finds it somewhat comforting to try and get back into a routine.

Sure, I can do that.” He agrees about the pace, sinking down somewhat beneath the blankets. Maea might not feel it anymore, but he certainly does, even if he is a heater on his own. Lazily, he strokes her arm gently. He nearly purrs into the touch that she strokes along his chest. “Mmm well, I sort of cleared any plans I had while you were here.” He says softly, giving her a half smile. “So that way I could spend time with you before you go back to Halo.” He says softly, a touch more gently.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She brightened as he agreed to come along for the run, already looking forward to it. It was too long since they trained properly together - though no doubt that would change once his boxing ring was up in working order - and it was a rare chance to both do something useful and spend time together.

"How very thoughtful of you," she smiled, leaning in to give him a light kiss. "That means I'm going to want to deal with these little errands quickly... perhaps we could go to Torchline once they're done? Actually go exploring, like we've talked about." It felt like ages, but... when she thought about it, Maea again realized it was only a few weeks. The days were running through her hands like so much sand, too fast to really keep up. Yet she felt so fulfilled, it was dizzying.

"Sunjata... do you ever worry that we're moving too fast?" It was a thoughtful question, not overly serious, but... Maea did seek his gaze as she asked, and propped herself up on her elbow to see him properly. "I'm not complaining, mind, I just get this feeling. That it's too good, and can't possibly last."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
He accepts the kiss gladly, shifting a small amount to make more room for her should she wish to remain along his shoulder, his steel gaze focusing on her intently, though he smiles lightly when she mentions getting the errands done quickly. “We can.” He agrees quietly, tilting his head slightly as he focuses on her a bit more intently – a bit more seriously. Exploring Torchline… He wonders if they’ll stumble across that Saiden she had mentioned before. But he tries not to think on it, not until she seeks his gaze and his own captures hers as she props herself up and his hand slips from her shoulders to her arm.

For most people? Sure, it is.” He answers honestly, smile fading slightly as he considers it and considers her. “But at the same time… The slower ones haven’t lasted for me either.” He offers a small unhelpful shrug to that before he exhales and removes his hand from her to place them behind his head and turn his gaze to the ceiling. Either death or changing too much had always ended it, one way or another. “I’ve realized I don’t really care as long as we’re enjoying it.” He glances over her way to see how she might take it.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Pale fingertips traced idle lines across his chest, drawing patterns that meant nothing beyond the simple pleasure of touching him. Maea considered, tried to feel, put words to that tingle between the shoulderblades. Some deep terror of it being the last time to see him, ever time she had to leave. That his eyes would not light up again next time... a feeling that wouldn't settle until his arms were around her and she was truly home again. Probably it was just insecurity, some underlying awareness that his past relations indeed had not lasted long, so why should this...

"Mmh, well I'm definitely enjoying it. I suppose, I worry because I don't have any real point of reference to compare with," she mused, her eyes soft and warm as she looked at him. Stretched out and comfortable, looking rather lazy... "You're my first everything, you know. I've never done anything like this before... being together, trying to weave a life... Maybe I'm just overthinking things."

It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

She slid back down again, and rested her head on his shoulder again. Pushed her arm in beneath his back so she could hug him properly, and pull herself tight against his side. The dream did not feel quite so close anymore. A vivid memory still, but it no longer ruled her mind... and talking about other things brought it even further away. She was relieved. Did not want to ruminate over the workings of the world, or the fates of anyone but herself and Sunjata. Perhaps that made her selfish too...
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
He’s relieved to hear that she’s enjoying it – but as she comments that she worries because she’s never had a point of reference for it he understands it, though he relishes in the soft touches in the drawings she does on his chest, the stretching out beside him like a feline comfort. A somewhat rogue grin crosses his face as she mentions that she might be overthinking it. “You are.” He teases her gently, but there’s nothing in it that harbors any judgement from him.

She slides her arm beneath him and he arches his back a small amount to give her more room before he settles in and finds his arm along her shoulder again, trailing soft lines along her spine. “Lusea was my first relationship, and I met her when I was… Nineteen?” He comments quietly, consideringly. “Though I was seventeen when I lost my virginity.” He snorts, an amused chuckle leaving him. “Her and I were together until I was twenty three.” His gaze flits to her then. “And it went slow at first. First thing she told me, 'I don't trust you, Sunjata Senzaok.' And she didn't, but she still stitched me up after my fights.” He murmurs thoughtfully. "Apparently it was obvious to her father that I was falling for her, and she had been far better at hiding it. I got a concussion and when I woke up they told me they were going to put us together for the face of the revolution and that we needed to talk to each other about what we were." Direct, but it had gotten things figured out in the end.

But anyway,” he pauses to shake his head a small amount. “Sometimes it’s fun and exciting, and other times it’s a day where we’re busy with work and our own hobbies and we just come home and complain about our day or share what we did.” A somewhat nostalgic smile on his face as his hand trails up to linger in her hair. “And even that is fun, in a different less exciting way.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Maea remained quiet as he told his story, as she always were. Never interrupting, just attentive, offering some quiet hums now and again to show she still paid attention. She was not exactly thrilled to hear about him and Lusea. She had, and possibly always would have, something of an inferiority complex against the woman. His first love, his longest relationship by far - gods, it had been four years - and someone he would never have left, if given a choice. Sunjata was only hers because Lusea had died, twice... and it was hard to forget that.

But at the same time... the woman had also turned him into who he was now. Loving her, losing her... Jealous though she might be of this ghost of a person who kept haunting his thoughts, Maea was grateful too.

"I see. That's good to know. But... if it ever stops being fun, will you tell me?" She leaned into his touch, tilting the head as he touched her hair. "So we can figure out why... and do something about it?" Not just drift off, take out frustrations elsewhere, like he had with Phoebe... Another fear she couldn't quite shake.

Oh, he'd been true as far as she knew, couldn't imagine he would lie about something like that, and ask her to move to Torchline with him at the same time. Sunjata had ever always been honest... It might be what she loved most about him. Why she could trust him, despite everything.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
She leans into his touch, having listened to his story without interrupting – something he loved about her, that she simply listened and didn’t feel the need to correct him on things, to interject. And he hums as he considers her, offering a somewhat boyish smile – so rare, yet for her only nowadays. “I will.” He vows quietly. Because honestly, when it came to the reasons he’d drifted away was because he wasn’t being heard. That his concerns, vows, thoughts didn’t matter in the long run.

But a quiet chuckle leaves him as he shakes his head somewhat, looking back to the ceiling again as he runs his fingers through her pale hair. “I’m going to be twenty-seven next season.” He rumbles in some small amount of disbelief. “It might be a difficult year for me, so I apologize in advance if I get... weird.” He says for lack of a better word, smile faltering slightly toward the end. Because it absolutely might get a bit strange – a decade anniversary since his trial and so much had happened in that span of time.

He hopes she doesn't find it unappealing, unable to be worked on if things for him start to get tough.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
'I will.' Such a simple promise, and yet it was all she needed to settle the worst of her fears. At least for now. Perhaps she would have to be reminded again later, perhaps it wouldn't be truly alright until a hurdle showed up and they got to prove to each other that this really was worth working on... but for now, it was good enough. "Thank you," she simply said, and squeezed him tighter for a moment - simple gratitude for a simple offer - before relaxing the grip again. Breathing easier, heart lighter.

Then he huffed a quiet laugh, and she glanced up at him, curious. Her brows rose a little as he revealed his age - she hadn't asked about it, hadn't even known how old he was - and told her he might become strange. "Why would that mean anyht - oh." Maea interrupted herself, recalling all the things that happened an anniversary ago. Ten and seventeen years ago. Ordeals, trials, bad memories.

"Weird? I thought that was your normal state," she teased, tickling his side a little. "Can it even get worse?" But it was gentle, and Maea became a little more serious, though her smile remained.

"You know... sometimes, people make lanterns not only for people who passed, but for old memories too. Laying them to rest, in a symbolical sense... so that they won't be burdens anymore. If you want to, we could do something like that. That way, you can look at the lantern, and know you've made it this far. It's in your past... but it doesn't rule you anymore." Just like grief, like ghosts, like fear. Something to remember, but only when it was appropriate, and when it did not get in the way of living the rest of his life.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
She thanks him, squeezes him tighter and he leans into it a small amount before he continues on and tells her his age, of how strange he may become. And with it, he focuses on the way she questions it before realizing — yet another thing he loved. That she remembered, that he didn’t have to repeat things again and again to get them to stick.

But then she tickles his side and his nose scrunches as he shifts along the bed and rolls to face her, trying not to squish her arm in the process. “Hey, that’s a bit uncalled for.” He winks, but ultimately laughs lightly at it, finding it a far more interesting topic than the inevitable future.

But she brings up lanterns and the festival in a way, and Sunjata listens to her diligently, a sort of haze coming over his gaze as he thinks on it. And ultimately, its a wonderful idea but he doesn’t even know where to start with it. “Perhaps we both can?” He asks almost tentatively, a dark brow raising as he goes to rest a hand along her neck to stroke her cheek. Perhaps she could make a lantern for the horrific LongNight that took her family, and he could make one for the day that changed him forever.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3