Once upon a dream
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
MAEA
Her arm avoided the squishing, found a perfect hollow just beneath his shoulderblade to rest in. His objections are met with a mischievous grin, and she leaned in to peck his nose, like he used to do with her. "I don't know, is it really?"

She could tease him forever, it would never stop being funny. But the talk of lanterns and bad memories did not really take well to just any kind of laughter, so she swallowed it down for now, saved it for later and let him mull over her suggestion. Maea was a bit taken aback when he offered it to her as well... but then she nodded, with a realization that made her throat tighten. Then she nodded, that she too wanted to join.

"I never made a lantern for my family," she siad, voice quiet as she looked up at him. "By the time the festival came around, I... wasn't there. I really do need to, this time. I know Ludo found Noah already, but I know nothing of the others. His wife, their children... He had three of them, did I ever tell you? Two sons, and a daughter. Ansi would have turned fifteen this Leafchange. Hieram would be twelve, and Leon... gods, I don't even know. Six, I think?"

She swallowed hard. They had been wonderful kids. Bright, cheerful, full of mischief but so kind. Bringing home injured birds and butterfly cocoons that were left to hatch in her room, whenever she couldn't go outside to see Flowerbirth properly.

"I'm turning twenty-three, this year. And it'll be... two years, since I saw them." Though of course, it still only felt like one, to her. Long enough. Too long.
Nothing lasts forever, I thought you should know
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
SuNJATA
the flood
She pecks his nose and he scrunches his face a small amount again, exhaling a breathy laugh at her antics. “Yes it is.” A glimmer of amusement in his steel gaze before it fades and he focuses on the comments made of making lanterns for memories and those that had passed — her family. And Sunjata had been lucky, in some sort of regard, that despite the fact he didn’t have his family around anymore that he did have Melita. Somehow still a part of the lineage, of the Korofi heritage, something to relate to and share.

Maea doesn’t have that, not anymore. Aside from her fellow Naturals and her god.

So he listens to her diligently when she talks of her family, his thumb stroking along her cheek as he focuses on what she says again. She never made a lantern for her family, and he nods to her quietly, shaking his head when she asks if she’s told him before. She hadn’t, but he keeps it in mind as she reveals her own age. Not too far apart, still younger than he. And she reveals how long it has been since.

Do you want to make lanterns for them?” He asks her quietly, contemplating.
rely a bit too heavily on alcohol & irony
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
She loved the way he listened to her. Comfortable to let her share her own thoughts, asking just the right questions when she tangled herself in the messy knots of worries and concerns, so that she could make sense of it all. His thumb on her cheek was a proof of caring about what she was saying, feeling, understanding that sometimes she was hurting too... and it was okay.

"I do," she nodded. "Probably will wait for the festival though. Lienna was keen on things being done right, so... better do it properly." A wry twist of her mouth at that; they had not always gotten along. But Maea still missed even her, at times. When the going got rough, and she lacked that voice of reason.

She allowed herself a moment to linger on the memories, but then threw a glance at the window. Saw the light outside brightening; the shadows in the room was fading. Dawn would come soon, and a new day had begun. She turned her head then, rubbed her face vigorously against Sunjata's shoulder, and nipped her teeth playfully at his skin, out of nowhere.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
She does, and he nods to that, humming a quiet laugh as she comments that it had to be done right. And he gives her a small smirk with that. “Of course. Besides, today we have plans.” He teases her gently, lightening the mood as much as she does when she glances to the window and nuzzles in closer to him — brushing her face along his shoulder and skin. It’s soothing at first, playful as well, and suddenly there’s teeth.

Jy duiwelse haai jou.” He says automatically, slipping away from her with a playfully wounded look — even if there were far more bruises along his skin from her. “Vixen.” He says, breaking the look for a wider crooked smirk, a rogue look sent her way as he shifts in the bed to face her a bit more fully and his hand finds her again, trailing down her side before tickling her gently.

Jy duiwelse haai jou. — you devilish shark, you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Maea just grinned at him, quiet laughter dancing in her eyes at his tone, at the automatic slip back into his mother tongue. It never ceased to fascinate her when he did it. The cadance, the words she was just barely able to guess at the meaning of - by his tone, sometime, as often as the word itself. "My, what language! Is that any way to speak to a -"

But she was interrupted by hands reaching for her, a devilish look in his eyes that made her stomach lurch and swoop. She tried to inch away but he was too quick. Maea found herself wriggling and writhing under the tickling fingers, laughing helplessly.

"Haai, help me!" she cried, calling on reinforcements when it proved quite impossible to wriggle out of his grasp. The little gryphon should be in the room with them, and the girl felt decidedly attacked (for all that it was she who started it, this time).
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
A chuckle reverberates from his chest at her comment. Oh, it absolutely was a way to talk to women, and he hardly realizes it half the time he slips back into it. She doesn’t seem to mind, however, and he smirks as he reaches for her, fingers light and ticklish on pale skin as she writhes beneath his movements.

She calls for Haai, and the griffin yawns with a sleepy whine from her den, head flopping out of it as she puffs a bit of smoke out at them. And Sunjata chuckles lightly, steel eyes crinkling as he focuses on her and shifts back to where he hovers over her a small amount, aiming to pin her there. “She seems to think it’s a battle you can handle on your own.” He drawls, head tilting avianlike with a look that seems to say ’can you?’ All arrogance and confidence.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"Traitor," Maea whined as the little shark refrained from living up to her name. Her attention was forced back to Sunjata, left to deal with him on her own (wipe up her own mess, was more along the line of truth). Only to find him pinning her down by the arms, hovering over her with a look on his face like he was some royalty which he was and she in for punishment. Oops.

"This feels awfully disproportionate to the crime," she complained, mock pounting up at him - but her eyes were laughing, something mischievous still dancing within them.

Of course, she was far from defenseless, even with her arms put out of use. Even as her pout turned into a grin, something like invisible fingers tripped down his side, all innocent as they passed the hip... and then a sharp pich was offered to his butt, and Maea began to laugh.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
Haai only offers another yawn before disappearing into the den again, content to remain there all day should she allow herself to. Which leaves room for Sunjata to smirk to Maea as he pins her by the arms, as she pouts up at him and his eyes soften with a small hint of amusement. “Is it?” He asks, head lowering a fraction as he raises a brow. “Is it a reward you’re looking for?” He hums, accent a small amount thicker.

But she grins to him now and he’s not quite prepared for the fingers that trail down his sides, invisible and taunting until she pinches him, on the ass nonetheless, and he barks out a laugh of surprise. He releases her then, settling back on his knees beside her and sitting up far more fully, a hand reaching up to rub against the scar on his neck with his scarred wrist flexing as he watches her with some consideration, still amused.

Have you gotten any more tricks up your sleeves?” He winks to her.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
A most excellent reaction, all things considered. Just the free, open laugh in itself was reward enough, and if she's disappointed he let her go so easily, it did not show. Maea pushed herself up on her elbows and waggled her eyebrows at him, suggestively, eyes raking over his body where he sat. On his knees, quite deliciously undressed, with his hair mussed from sleep. Winking and rogueish...

"Oh, I can think of a few things," she almost purred. Easing herself up until she sat in front of him, she leaned in and brushed her lips softly over his cheek and down to the neck, a hand reaching out to trail down his shoulder, over collarbones and down to the chest. Lower still, with light fingers, to brush over his stomach, his abdomen...

"But you'd have to catch me first," she mumbled against his skin. And flitted away, darting off from the bed and up on her feet with a teasing laugh, to rush for her clothes. No doubt she would have to hurry... or she had a feeling they might get stuck in bed for the rest of the day.

Not a bad thing, mind... but they had plans.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
She pushes herself up and gives him a look that he can’t help but to watch with even more amusement. Her eyes take over him and he remains as is, confidence high enough that she could look all she wanted. But she leans closer and his hand falls from his neck and scar as he debates to pull her close or see what she has to say, what she chooses to do. He’s glad he did, as she lifts her hand and kisses to his cheek, down his tattooed torso, down and further still.

A flame ignites in his silver gaze as he watches her, and then she pulls away with another challenge. So abrupt that he’s almost dazed from the transfixiation he’d endured that he blinks at her as she reaches her clothes in a race she’s already won, and he runs a hand through his hair, reluctantly getting up from the bed. “Best get your errands done, Valair.” He purrs to her, reaching for his pair of shorts and slides them on slowly.

He steps toward her then, some hints of swagger in the walk before he folds his arms across his chest and leans against the wall. “Because after the run, I demand a shower, preferably with company.” He drawls again, voice low and suggestive with a smirk along his face, as he pushes off from the wall to grab a sleeveless shirt.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Pulling her shirt over the head, Maea gave him a very innocent look. "So early in the morning, and you're already making demands? I suppose you better work up a proper sweat today then, or it will hardly be worth the time." She winked at him, and began to braid her hair back.

Once dressed, she headed over to a desk and found paper, pens and ink. With rather practiced strokes she penned down a message for the Notice Board. She tried to phrase it as calmly and sincerely she could, and really hoped it would not cause anyone offense, or aggravate those who really did want to keep up the work of opening the portals. Maea was not trying to stop them, just... hoped they would stop and think, make sure they knew what they were doing and willing to face the consequences before proceeding.

"What do you think, will anyone be at my throat for this?" she asked, and handed the note to Sunjata. For proofreading, ready to trash it an try again if he found fault with it.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
I’m always demanding, liefde. It's part of the charm.” He teases her back, but ultimately slips the shirt over his head and pulls his pants on, focusing on his usual boots and tying them up as she writes. And when he’s done, he steps toward her, beckoning a grumpy Haai from her den. The griffin yawns again and growls a small amount before she slinks out to curl herself around Maea’s legs.

When offered the letter, Sunjata’s gaze flits over it and takes it in, somewhere deep down causing something to stir and suffocate the flame of amusement in his eyes again. He goes to hand it back to her, offering a small smile. “I think that if they do they’re too sensitive. You’re not telling them to stop, just to keep it in mind.” Shoulders rise and fall in a shrug as he gives her a slightly wider smile. “Besides, again, I’d protect that pretty throat of yours.” He rumbles, reaching forward to press against one of his marks on her skin with a wink.

He withdraws to head toward the door, however. “Shall we?” He opens the door, a gesture and a bow through the door as if he’s saying ‘ladies first’.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"And well do I know it," she retorted... but it was with a rather pleased smile, that in no way suggested he should stop. It was, after all, charming. No point in denying that.

Maea petted Haai while Sunjata read the message, her eyes on the griffin as she curled about Maea's legs. She didn't see how the amusement faded from Sunjata as he took it in, just the wide smile when he pressed fingers to the bruises on her neck, made by him. She smiled back, blushing a little from the possessive gesture - no, she was not quite immune to him yet, he could still get to her - and nodded, glad to hear her tone had come across properly.

"I'm counting on it," she told him cheerfully, accepted the note back and stood from her seat. "Let's run the Ruins today, that's always interesting. Lunch is on me if we see any stone golems!"

She kissed him as she moved through the door held open for her. A trip down to her proper room to fetch the books, and then they could be off.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
the flood
She's counting on it, and his smirk shifts a bit more suggestive as he touches her neck before withdrawing. He was possessive, but in a way that he didn’t want those close to him to be hurt — a way to try and prevent it, perhaps to bear them on his own shoulders, despite the fact Maea had told him not to. It was a hard habit to break, and with it he finds it harder to take the blame for anything. That people made mistakes, with or without him involved, and sometimes it wasn’t preventable. Sometimes it just, happened.

Gods.” He snorts with a playful roll of his eyes before he opens the door and bows to her playfully.

She kisses him as she moves through the door and Haai trails behind her before Sunjata closes the door behind him. She gathers her things and Sunjata pauses by the bar to give them the heads up that he won’t be around much today, but if they ran into any problems to let him know. And when Maea returns he gives her a wide smile. “To the Ruins then.” Already Haai is halfway out the door, taking to the sky to stretch her wings.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3