In time you'll find, I've got baggage too
Sunjata <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
give me shelter, or show me heart
He was slipping into Korofi, and much as she wanted to, Maea couldn't understand what he was saying.  Lief she guessed at, having heard him say it before so many times, but the rest? It could mean anything. Except... the tone as he tried to inspect her bleeding leg said enough, the apology there in his eyes as he tried to catch her gaze. Maea caught his hand, squeezed it hard and bent over with some difficulty to press a kiss to his lips. "I'm fine, it's nothing," she told him, knowing he knew it wasn't exactly true. But what could she do? He needed help, and the only one who could move enough to find it was her.

"I'll be back as soon as I can. I love you, Sunjata. Wait for me." Another kiss, and she forced herself to step away, heart near breaking as she limped away from him. Picking a direction not entirely at random; the greenery seemed less dense to one end of the beach, and it could be smoke rising over the trees.

It was a village. Small, barely more than a fishing outpost hidden in a cove just on the other side of a thicket. Screaming children found her first, and their excited cries drew the attention of adults, that came running when they saw her battered, bloodied state. Through the haze of her own pain it was hard to communicate that she did not need the healer, that there was someone else in more danger than she; but there was a face hovering over her all the same, with the visage of a wrinkled, kind eyed old man. A glow of magical light before her eyes... and before she knew it, the pain was fading. Not gone, not entirely, but lifted enough that she could walk better, talk properly.

"Please... You have to help him," Maea told them, pointing to the direction she had come from. A look exchanged between the man and someone else... and they nodded. Supported her when she insisted on coming along, and followed her footprints in the sand, back towards Sunjata.

She just didn't know how much time it had taken. Felt like forever since she went... but time was acting oddly, and Maea couldn't swear on anything.
watch me fall apart
and I'll be yours to keep
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: In time you'll find, I've got baggage too - by Maea - 02-25-2020, 03:41 AM