let me see the light
Iskra

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0
Just another product of today - Rather be the hunter than the prey

Her embrace instantly filled all the gaps within him, holes he didn't even realize he carried until they were full. Iskra always tried to be strong for everyone, but Mel was someone who had always given him strength, whether she always knew it or not. Of everyone that he had lost, between worlds or from life altogether, Mel was his one constant. She was like the sun, always there, but sometimes lost to him in the depths of the night. If he just waited long enough through the morning would come and there she'd be, as bright and beautiful as ever.

He closed his eyes as he squeezed her against his chest and cradled her in his arms; her hair softly tickled the corners of his face and her breath warmed the side of his neck. Her words reverberated against his skin and stood his hair on end near her lips, and his response was just to hold on tighter in agreement. "And I you." If only it could last like this, just a moment of pure bliss and fulfilment, but the world only offered kindness in small doses, they both knew that truth.

A quiet crack underlined Melita's voice, a quiver that trembled more heavily than the others under Iskra's boot heel. Before either of them could even recognize the signs of treachery, down they plummeted, nothing but stones put at Gravity's mercy. A surprised yell bellowed from Iskra's chest and wildly one of his arms grabbed for another branch, but to no avail. His other arm remained firmly around Melita, "HANG ON!" he yelled, rotating so that he'd take the brunt of the impact, bringing his other arm back around to hold her safely.

The ground met up with them soon enough, Iskra's body thudding solidly against it with a groan, the force of impact liable to knock Melita loose. Iskra might have burst out laughing if he had any breath left in his lungs, but for now, it was a teary-eyed wheeze as he attempted to sit up but failed a few times before resigning himself to his fate and laid spread out on the forest floor. Still, he was grinning ear to ear, because of course they fell out of the fucking tree.

"Wish I still had my armor," he complained jokingly, the words still stretched thin with little breath. Unfortunately, his words meant more than just padding for trees - there were monsters in this world too. "C'mon, let's head into town." he suggested softly as he tried to get back to his feet. It didn't entirely matter to him where they were, not now that they were back together, but he could tell her what he knew along the way. Albeit, he didn't know much having only been here a short while too, but it was definitely weird here.

I S K R A

Will heaven step in - Will it save us from our sin

Codes: Oddmountain | Art: Pexels

Messages In This Thread
let me see the light - by Melita - 12-16-2018, 09:51 PM
RE: let me see the light - by Iskra - 12-18-2018, 05:45 AM
RE: let me see the light - by Melita - 12-18-2018, 11:58 PM
RE: let me see the light - by Iskra - 01-01-2019, 07:47 PM
RE: let me see the light - by Melita - 01-03-2019, 12:48 AM
RE: let me see the light - by Iskra - 01-14-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: let me see the light - by Melita - 01-19-2019, 03:53 PM