Stars fading, but I linger on, dear
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
a certain darkness is needed to see the stars
To hear Safrin speak her own thoughts about the Outlanders is an enormous weight off Amalia's chest, one that's been pressing on her for weeks, months and seasons and over a year. "They justified their actions - taking down the barrier, freeing the Voice - without ever asking us how we felt. Without knowing what it meant." There is anger and bitterness in her voice, frustration and tiredness. How hard had they worked to warn them, to prevent it all?

Where would they be, if the barrier hadn't fallen?

"Do you have friends?" Amalia turns her face to the goddess, openly curious about this idea. Do gods have friends? Are they friends with each other? She has no illusions that she and other mortals are merely blips on a cosmic timeline to them...

Aside from Ronin, anyway.

The drops her head again at the questions, the humanity of the goddess and the vulnerability she shows. Bringing her knees up to her chest, Amalia rests her chin upon them and sighs. "No... well, yes," she admits, arms wrapping around herself. "I would love to know I'm important enough to you for that. But... just having a purpose, knowing I'm following Vi's plan... that's what I really want. I know I'm only a mortal, I can never understand what it is to be you, that my life is nothing compared to yours, but... I'm happiest when I'm doing your work. Vi's work. It makes the world make more sense." A smile lines her coral lips; she turns shining eyes to Safrin's face. "I'm grateful for all you've given me, Safrin. I... I love you."

Messages In This Thread
Stars fading, but I linger on, dear - by Safrin - 02-25-2020, 10:11 PM
RE: Stars fading, but I linger on, dear - by Amalia - 02-29-2020, 01:21 AM