Stars fading, but I linger on, dear

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sweet dreams till sunbeams find you, sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
'I had not expected a history lesson to be how I spent my afternoon, but I am happy enough to oblige. If you can find us some tea to drink. Something dark, and with honey." As Amalia gets up to fetch the things Safrin has asked for, the goddess clears her throat and leans elegantly back in the chair.

"The Voice was once just a girl. She grew up in the capitol city from what I can remember. Quite clever, but perhaps not so remarkable other than that. She became a hybrid in her later years, growing ever more powerful. Her magic seemed boundless, even to us at the time, though we thought little of it. Different mutations of abilities, the likes of which I'm sure you've seen in some of your friends." These being custom magics, of course. "She started to experiment...to try and infuse her magic into other things. Objects at first, then plants and bugs, and finally people. She began to mine and create metals, working with them such as no one had before, creating machines that could carry out tasks all on their own...She kept people from dying. She created new life. She changed Rae's designs. We warned her several times, Vi himself did as well, but she'd not listen. She said if Caido had a problem then Caido could bring it up with her."

By now the tea was served, and Safrin took a sip.

"You see, at first the Voice used her many talents to help others. But then she grew selfish, turning inwards and only listening to her own council. It was at about that time she was thrown out of the Capitol, and under their orders nearly all the other territories were told to turn her away. So she created...well, built herself her own allies. But even her creations required sustenance, which is how the first wars began. It wasn't long until we had to become involved, which is what led to the Cataclysm. "
but in your dreams whatever they be, dream a little dream of me

Messages In This Thread
Stars fading, but I linger on, dear - by Safrin - 02-25-2020, 10:11 PM
RE: Stars fading, but I linger on, dear - by Safrin - 03-09-2020, 04:11 PM