[SE]Morning comes quick bringing tragic goodbyes
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
She chuckles at the comparison to her mother, certainly not a phrase she ever expected to hear. Curious eyes watch as Maea takes out bits of skin and bone from her pack, finding it easy to look at the tusk and hide than the girl who holds them. At least Amalia doesn't have magic to keep a handle on, but Gods know she has made her own share of rash decisions in her overconfidence. "I thought that I could save a tulmhainar. Instead it died, and Deimos nearly died, and Safrin got the Blight." Her voice is drier than the words deserve given the severity of the charges, but Amalia cannot help it. She mourned and regretted for so long.

The comment about Maea's family hits terribly close to home. "I saw them, you know" the Shield murmurs softly, not looking at the shorter girl. "After LongNight Jigano and I helped collect souls for Ludo. I recognized your family among them." As well as the Palmers, that year having been particularly merciless. Tilting her head up to look at Maea, she searches her face for a reaction. "So at least they're with Mort."

She looks away again, another mirthless smile rising to her lips. "Ludo also convinced Roana to try and commit genocide against the Ascended," she points out, but there's not bite or malice to the words. Running her fingers over Jyoti's back, Amalia hums a thoughtful note. "Ever since the Outlanders arrived... The world's much less black and white than when we were kids. I wonder what our parents would think. If they'd still disapprove of who we are." Rishima had never wanted her daughter to become Attuned, after all.
someday we'll find what we're looking for
or maybe not
maybe we'll find something much greater

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE]Morning comes quick bringing tragic goodbyes - by Amalia - 03-05-2020, 11:13 PM