Personal Quest [se] promise me that you'll leave the light on
lantern making PQ
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

She supposes she shouldn't be disappointed or surprised to hear that the Old Ones remain quiet even outside the barrier, but there's a part of her that's sad to hear it. She'd hoped that now she might learn more of Mort and Vi and Rae, but it seems their silence was not based entirely on the presence of a bubble.

Though it makes her hurt for those in Halo and Torchline, without even the heralds to turn to. "I'm sorry," the Shield says softly, sincerely to Weaver, her dark eyes soft and empathetic. Then she returns to her work, listening to the conversation as it continues, focusing in on her own work.

The candle she chooses is a small one, but when it's placed in the lantern the whole thing suddenly feels complete. Similarly, too, are all the others: missteps coming together in those final moments of dedication to form beautiful creations, flawed as their creators but more perfect for all that. Amalia looks between them with a smile, bittersweet and nostalgic but proud nonetheless. "They're perfect," she says softly. "Ludo will be glad."

Rising up, she places her lantern delicately on the countertop to dry before retrieving the green and gold pair. Pushing a lock of hair behind her ear, she looks around the group. "Um... if you want to make more, or add anything, or just hang around you're welcome to." Settling back down at the table the Shield sets about finishing her last two lanterns, unsure of who will stay and who will go.

Yay we all made beautiful lanterns, good job team!
You're welcome to have your character stick around or leave with their lantern. Thanks for participating <3
Amalia
Her eyes, they know too much.
She'll treat you like somebody but you just can't touch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [se] promise me that you'll leave the light on - by Amalia - 03-08-2020, 09:06 PM