(SE) a little too good at misbehaving
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 34 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
if it doesn't burn a little
”True enough, I suppose,” she says, taking a moment to ponder the idea of fortune. Weaver has never believed in destiny or fate, has never believed that there is some set path for her. Of course, she was not raised to believe in such. Straia had taught her children that they could shape their own fates, that life was theirs for the taking should they choose. That is the real crux of everything, choice. Along with the understanding that you cannot control nearly as much as you might like to think.

Maybe fortune isn’t total bullshit after all.

Weaver chuckles as he explains how the favor had come to be, and if that’s how one got favors she was even more excited to get her own bar. A few drinks in exchange for a blank check? Yes please. The trade though perhaps ended up somewhat equal, if she really thinks about it. A new bar in Halo was a boon for Halo, and it was not much for Neron to give, particularly when he didn’t actually have to give anything beside his blessing. He just had to say yes and watch other people do the work.

”I’m pretty sure drinks will be on the house for the Warden of Halo regardless,” she muses, not caring that he’d offered a few free drinks. Not that she expected to see Neron around regularly, but it seemed like bad business to charge him. Weaver keeps walking, drifting to and from Sunjata’s side, inspecting the puddles as they talk. So far she sees only mud beneath or occasionally her blurred, dark angel reflection.

She listens as he talks, leaving so very much in her hands. Surprise twists her features just a little bit that he dictates so little, but she appreciates that he trusts her. ”There’s an empty house near the marketplace,” she says, thinking aloud. Her eyes grow distant, tracing the paths of the Citadel in her mind. After a moment she nods. ”No more than a block or two, if memory serves. I’ll have to inspect it for a useful hidden room, but I am sure we can find or make one.” Her tone is matter of fact, like his question and raised brow are not at all surprising. What is the point of expanding if they cannot meet in secret in Halo when they need?

”I’ll go scout whenI get home and send you a letter. But I think we can get started pretty soon.” There’s something bright and glowing behind her eyes as she talks, excitement written plain on her features like a little girl being given a doll (or in her case, like a girl being given a scythe). ”How do we set up the alcohol supply, or are you one step ahead of me there?” she asks, grinning back at him.

-- weaver

then what's the point in playing with fire?
Photo by Allef Vinicius | Quote by Bridgett Devoue

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) a little too good at misbehaving - by Weaver - 03-06-2020, 04:53 PM