Training Growing Pains
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Remi felt his arm shoved aside, and were he not focused on his own actions, he would have complimented the former-captain on his dexterity and ask him how he got all of the scars he sported if he was always this quick on his feet.

Though Ronin had explained a number of possible physical-responses to attacks, since it was all so knew Remi found himself falling back into default-mode. As Ronin swept forward with his right shoulder barreled, Remi reached out with his arms as if embracing the man for a hug. Depending on what the hunter did, Remi would try and lock his arms around Ronin and hurl him to the ground (which, given Remi's lack of skill in this area would probably result in him falling as well).

REMI
And common sense falls second place
to the way it feels when you kiss my face

Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
R O N I N

Ronin didn't actually speak, but his look of confusion as Remi looked as if he were offering a hug definitely said it all for him anyway. The other man's arms locked about him in what would have been a very impressive grapple if they had been stationary. Regrettably the momentum and Remi's attempt to throw Ronin to the ground worked a bit too well. The alchemist was right on the money - both men would collapse in a heap on the earth, Ronin unable not to laugh as he fought to roll and get Remi under him.

"Why, I didn't know you wanted to practice wrestling instead of hand to hand combat, Remi," he said jokingly, embracing the sudden hilarious turn of events and trying to playfully smoosh his friend's face into the dirt.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Though perhaps tumbling to the ground with the former captain in his arms, given that Ronin now knew he was gay and now that Remi knew Ronin was at least curious if not fully committed to being bi, might have been a spectacle, of course it wasn't.

Remi laughed brightly which was a mistake seeing as Ronin was still (perhaps instinctively) trying to win. Coughing out the dirt that was suddenly on his tongue, he released his grip on the captain to wipe his mouth. Glancing over at Ronin out of the side of his vision, Remi blew upwards to move a curl out of his eyes and shook his head. "I had thought I would know more than you in this position, but apparently not." He replied with a cheeky wink.

REMI

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
R O N I N

Honestly, Ronin had thought his friend would put up more of a fight, and he felt a little bad for grappling him into the dirt when he realised Remi wasn't trying to return the favour. Smiling crookedly and releasing the other man, Ronin sat back; he was still for all intents and purposes straddling Remi, but that just made this even funnier, no? "Perhaps you need practice," he said with a suggestive wink, though that soon dissolved into easy laughter. Ronin shifted to slump down beside Remi, leaning back on his elbows.

"It's been a long time since I did any training with anyone. I miss it," he admitted, shaking his head as if the notion was ridiculous. "When I joined the Storm Army I never thought I'd end up where I did, let alone go looking for it when it wasn't there any more. Funny way the world works out, huh?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Glancing up as Ronin sat tall, the image of the man striding naked out of the water was suddenly overlayed over him now in a way that made a blush creep into Remi's cheeks. However Ronin's easy quip made Remi grin and then laugh as well as the hunter rolled over and joined the alchemist on the ground.

"Well sorry to have disappointed." Remi chuckled, glancing over his shoulder. If what the captain had wanted was a proper sort of training partner, Remi was certainly not his best option. "Do you think you would ever try and create an army here?" Remi looked a bit awkward having even suggested anything of this nature. For one, it seemed strange to imply that they needed an army, but also because it seemed so official in this world that apparently didn't have any rules.

REMI

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
R O N I N

"Did I say you disappointed" Ronin laughed at Remi, shoving him gently in the shoulder and shaking his head. "I meant I didn't realise how much I missed it until I started training with you," he said. "And you've come along in leaps and bounds in just half an hour, so don't put yourself down." He tipped the other man a wink for his trouble, seeing the blush that dusted his cheeks but choosing not to make anything more of it. Had Ronin not been very happily expecting a child with Vanya he had no doubt that he could make the most of the handsome alchemist and his deft fingers, but regrettably that just wasn't the case now.

Wrinkling his nose, Ronin heaved himself to his feet and offered Remi a hand, shaking his head. "An army?" he repeated. "No, I don't think so. I was... I never wanted to be a soldier. While I won't deny that the Storm Army was the making of me, it wasn't... thinking about the state of it brings a bad taste to my mouth. I would prefer not to involve myself in something like that again."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Grinning more shyly than he intended to, Remi raised a brow as Ronin said he shouldn't put himself down. A sparkle of mischief flickered briefly in his gaze, but given the tinge of colour already in his cheeks Remi decided not to push his luck. He might have come out to his friend, but there was a line somewhere that Remi had always stayed far, far away from. Now that he was allowed to come close to it, he'd have to learn how to walk it. Somehow having slept with the same man seemed to blur it somewhat. Or at least it did for Remi.

Accepting Ronin's hand, Remi stood and dusted himself off. Not that there was much point given that the charcoal stains far outweighed any dust left on his pants. "Oh?" Remi intoned with genuine surprise. "You were always such a fine captain. I assumed you enjoyed it." To hear that Ronin had been all be forced into it and that it wasn't the life he'd have chosen for himself was interesting to say the least. Even so, not wanting to began something like that again here did make sense.

"I only wonder if we will need one." Remi said with a shrug, glancing over his shoulder at Ronin. "It does not seem that those who lived here had any sort of ...well, anything. Do you think we will get by just governing ourselves?"

REMI

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
R O N I N

At hearing that he was a 'fine captain' (and feeling as though Remi might have meant that in more ways than one), Ronin flashed his friend a crooked smile. "I did enjoy it - I liked training people and making sure that Northaven was safe. I'm just saying... I would have enjoyed it a lot more were it not for the corruption." When he couldn't ask his General what was going on without getting a straight answer, and when his fellow Captain could take the law into his own hands at will... yeah, no.

Rubbing at the back of his head, Ronin cast his gaze back towards the Sanctuary as though that might have the answer to Remi's questions. Letting out a long sigh, he shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe, maybe not. I founded the guild with the intention of being able to keep the monsters from our doors and trying to arm people with the ability to defend themselves outside of a military. But never say never... as for governing ourselves, I've not seen anyone step up either, since we got here."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Of course Remi couldn't really attest to the corruption given how lowly he measured in the eyes of the people of whom Ronin spoke, he was not completely ignorant of it. Indeed the stunt with the 'notice' about Bellamy had gone completely unpunished and while it didn't actually seem to have done much harm ...surely that said quite a bit about those in power? Running a hand across his eyes Remi just shrugged and nodded. "Well, I suppose we are corruption free for now. Hopefully it stays that way."

Grinning over at Ronin, Remi flicked his eyebrows up. "Personally I think you would look quite good in a crown. And I know that Vanya would."

REMI

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
R O N I N

"Are we ever really corruption free, Remi?" Philosophical, given that they were supposed to be fighting, and Ronin grinned as he realised they were talking more than they were actually training. Still, he thought they had come a pretty long way since coming out here, and there had been no sign of the lion either. That could only be a good thing, right? Ronin snorted as talk turned to crowns, the ex-captain nudging his friend and shaking his head, moving away from the Sanctuary now.

"Now I'm to be a king? That took a leap," he remarked, smirking. "You're right though. Vanya would look incredible in a crown. Anyway, this has worked up quite an appetite for me. Shall we go back to the guildhall?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

What was surely meant light heartedly suddenly made Remi's smile falter. After all, wasn't homosexuality thought of as a sort of corruption back home? Swallowing down the thought, Remi offered the former-captain a crooked grin. "Ronin I think I may have knocked something loose in that skull of yours. You're actually starting to sound rather clever."

Grinning Remi nodded. He was surprisingly hungry given how little training had actually occurred. Though given just how diligent a study Remi was, simply because he hadn't been very good at combat didn't mean he wasn't trying. Besides, almost every time he'd been at the guildhall the smells from the kitchen were always mouthwatering. "Well since this time around you do remember the way back, lead on." Remi chuckled with a wink.

~FIN

REMI