arrived too late at ultimate uncertainty

Age: 23 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Socks Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The dragon seemed... concerned for her? She peered at it closely. "Well, you haven't attacked yet, so... that's good."

She looked back to the retreating gourds and sighed. "I don't know what I can do and I don't even know that anyone there would want me trying to help, but... I guess I sort of live there now. Temporarily." She was sharing a room with her sibling, and it wasn't exactly what she'd call comfortable. Though having someone's shoulder to cry on was pretty nice.

She checked her legs. She was still wearing her spring skirt that came to just below her knees. She cursed at herself as she realized she forgot to pick up the rest of her clothes while she was home. She'd been so focused on the misery she was causing (and feeling)... At this rate, I'll turn into Quanil. They often got distracted from practicality.

Bruised, bloody, but they obviously were supporting her weight. They were just ache-y, that's all, so there was no reason she couldn't make it to Sanctuary. But first things first.

She smiled (without showing her teeth) at the dragon. "Thank you, Dragon. I appreciate your saving me." It wasn't effusive or enthusiastic. She barely sounded relieved, but she was grateful. "I need to go help Sanctuary now, but is there anything I can do for you? Um... thorn in your..." She eyed the clawed talons. "...paw?" she finished lamely.

That had been a story Quanil had read them: little mouse pulling a thorn out of a cat's paw, and the cat thanking them and not eating them because they'd done them a good turn. Their parents had hated it, of course, and had advocated that, as little mice themselves, they should do their damnedest to avoid all cats.

And whether other Acce-... And whether the Accepted thought of her as a cat now or not, she was definitely a mouse compared to the dragon. But so far, no eating had occurred. It also didn't seem to be in distress over anything except the state of her legs, and so she'd had to...

"I asked a dragon a question. I really am turning into my older sibling." She made herself take a calming breath. At this point, she'd love to be Quanil, just for the lack of magic, if nothing else. "But then you do seem intelligent and like you're understanding me. So... maybe I'm not quite so different as they are." Well, not in that way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: arrived too late at ultimate uncertainty - by Freina - 03-19-2020, 07:47 PM