[SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
"Aah, that makes sense," Maea hummed, when Delphia explained her reasoning a bit further. "I almost wish I had something like that still... but all the traditions and rituals I had were tied to the farm where I lived. And since I don't have that anymore... I don't know. With no animals to feed and care for, no food to prepare, no family to accommodate..." She shrugged. "I don't really know what's left but memories."

Pulling her feet up beneath herself to sit crosslegged on the rock, she let the dark shawl fall from her shoulders, to pool about the elbows. The sun was bright and warm, but not quite enough to burn like it had in the season now behind them, and Maea relished the newfound freedom. Her own hair hung loose and unbound, to flow down the back, and silky strands were frequently brought forth to tickle her face by errant gusts of wind.

"Mmmh, you assume I've had the wisdom to step away from what's hurting me," she said, with a wistful little smile. "The love in itself is not a problem, really. It's the morals and expectations surrounding it that makes it complicated. I want and need certain things, and he want and need other things... and right now, we're struggling to find a common ground where both are happy." It was grossly simplifying it, but also a very succinct summary of the situation. After her randesvouz with Sunjata after the game with Ludo in Torchline, she at least knew that there was no lack of love from either side. It was just... everything else that gave her headaches.

Her gaze landed on the utensils Delphia had used. The smoke rising from the glowing embers curled and coiled in the air, thin and wraithlike in the sunlight. It seemed a bit peculiar to hold rituals of any kind in the day, and not at night. But perhaps that was just a preconceived notion of how things should be, for maximum spookiness. And that... had not really been the point either.

"Could you teach me how?" Maea asked her friend, softly enough that a 'no' would be perfectly alright. "Maybe I could make some new traditions, to replace the ones I've lost... I'd love something to remember you by, when it gets lonely."

A weird way to say 'I missed you', but the meaning was there.
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
[SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Delphia - 03-15-2020, 08:38 PM
RE: [SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Maea - 03-15-2020, 09:34 PM
RE: [SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Delphia - 03-15-2020, 11:18 PM
RE: [SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Maea - 03-16-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: [SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Delphia - 03-16-2020, 12:58 PM
RE: [SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Maea - 03-16-2020, 01:26 PM
RE: [SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Delphia - 03-16-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: [SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Maea - 03-16-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: [SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Delphia - 03-16-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: [SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Maea - 03-16-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: [SE][OPEN] cleansing ritual - by Delphia - 03-18-2020, 11:32 PM