Personal Quest just a haze on the water
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
it was me who wrote onto the wooden door your name
He can't hear what she says, but can tell that something is being said, even with his pitiful human ears. Turning to glance as a shape draped in blackish smoke appears next to him, the all-too-familiar outline of the demi-goddess eventually taking shape, Remi narrows his eyes to give a look of ???????????????????? as Wessex doubles his efforts of adding weight to the whale.

And then suddenly they aren't inside the whale at all, but on the deck of the ship.

Glancing around with surprise (though perhaps not, when he puts two and two together), he gives Wessex a wry smile. "My hero." He cooes to her, sweeping into a bow as deep as any he might have offered back in Northaven, rising with an utterly shit-eating grin on his face. "Not sure why you bothered, I thought I was doing quite well." This, was absolutely not true, having lost more than half of his health and energy.

Glancing out towards the other sinking ship, Remi narrowed his eyes as he watched Ronin wafting down towards Delphia aboard his cloud. Ahhh, his prince charming, saving someone else. Classic. "Seems there's a lot of heroing going around." He observed with a snort, before glancing at the crew.

"Where is Maea?" This was asked in a voice without concern. If Wessex and he were here, and Ronin with Delphia, surely that meant Maea was somewhere 'safe' ish as well.
it'll last there longer than in this body i can stay
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHIA
Prince Charming perhaps was coming to save the day, but this Princess was not accustomed to being saved. Oh no, she had been plopped into the middle of a trecherous wood, surrounded by ghosts and spirits and paths that moved and told to figure it out. And she had. Facing the Ghost Whale would be no different. This Princess didn't need no stinkin' prince.

Rather, she was already enacting her plan by the time Ronin reached her. Before his very eyes she would simply seem to disappear. Delphia stepped back into the spirit realm, her strength restored, but doing so meant she could not grab Ronin's hand. "Your time has come as well. Mort calls you." she shouted at the last Ghost Whale, bidding its soul come to her, while also calling the soul of the other sailor who had perished within.

Delphia becomes a spoop ghost and tries to siphon the soul of the whale and the dead sailor.
Here in the forest dark and deep
I offer you
Eternal Sleep

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

The bones of whale 1 sink down to the bottom of the sea, colliding against the ocean floor for never to return. Probably.

Now. You may remember from earlier posts that despite Delphia 's disappearance from the corporeal world, the Ghost Whales (well, whale now) can indeed still see her. They cannot harm her though. Putting the pieces of this together (the whale not being an idiot), it suddenly drops from view. Thus far all of their attacks have occurred when it was close to the surface, and it won't make that mistake again. Down into the depths it goes, before twisting about. Rocketing upwards, it aims its considerable snout towards the center of the ship, colliding with devastating force. The hull groans and the deck boards begin to snap and give way.

No posting order.

Whale 1: 0% HP - Spirit taken by Delphia
Whale 2: 28% HP
Whale 3: 0% HP - Spirit taken by Delphia

Ship: 65%

Sinking Sailor 1: 0% - Spirit taken by Delphia
Sinking Sailor 2: 0% - Spirit taken by Delphia
Sinking Sailor 3: 0% - Spirit taken by Delphia

Ronin: 182 HP
Remi: 180 HP
Maea: -21 HP - Spirit taken by Delphia
Delphia: 44 HP
Wessex: 85 HP

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHIA
That little shit.

Her ghostly form began to decay again, anger surging once more. How dare these creatures defy her father? Tish, still in her own spoop cat form, hid in the layers of Delphia's clothes once again as the demigoddess dove into the water. It was a risky move, but it needed to be done. She stretched with her magic, tugging at the whale's soul, as she drew nearer, unhindered by the water in this form. "I said MORT CALLS FOR YOU, DAMMIT!" she screamed at the ghost whale in an uncharacteristic show of anger.

No one defied Mort. No one.

Delphia dives into the water to get closer to the whale and continues to call for its soul with her magic.
I offer you
Eternal Sleep
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101

please just don't forget me

Wow, so that didn't go as planned. Perceived misogyny or not, Ronin had put his ass on the line to save a life - Delphia could have been a frog for all he gave a shit. Still, the demi-goddess made it dramatically clear that his presence was neither wanted nor needed, and they had literally bigger fish to fry as the Ghost Whale changed its course, promptly disappearing into the depths of the ocean.

Something niggled in the pit of Ronin's stomach, and even as his nimbus sailed across the waves towards the boat, the whale breached and ploughed into it. Blue eyes wide, the Dark Star wasted very little time in returning to the deck of the ship - not that it seemed at all secure.

The sight of Remi was a welcome one, and as Ronin hopped off his nimbus he didn't hesitate to embrace his husband, something wild in his sudden need to have the alchemist close. "Whale love, huh?" he muttered, aware that his legs were not as steady as he would like (magic exertion was a thing, huh). Still, there was more to do - and Ronin was already beginning to fiercely glow with something much more than his usual starlight. "Hold on," he warned as he gazed over the side of the boat.

Ronin held the supernova at bay until the monstrous creature was close enough - then he let it loose in a blast of starfire.

Ronin flies back to the ship and uses his supernova to damage the whale and heal his friends. <3
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
“Of course you did, but I needed to show off for the lads,” the Wraith mock-whispers to Remi as she hides her lying mouth from view, surreptitiously pointing to the tattooed and muscled sailors that make up the ship’s crew. They’re all running about now, either doing boat-things or trying to determine what’s going on with the various stranges who took them out on a what is currently a near-fatal expedition.  

Where is Maea? Making a face, Wessex takes a look around again and is about to ask one of the crew when the boat is hammered by the whale. She rocks back and forth to keep her balance, and then as soon as she’s right again, hurries to the railing to see what happened. Something niggles, whispers in the back of her head, something about Mort maybe? And she could swear sh hears someone cursing, but then they're surrounded by sailors, and the three of them have never had clean mouths. Shaking her head, Wessex is about to make a suggestion when Ronin begins to light up.

Oh. Oh.

She knows that thing that he does. Turning back to the crew in case they didn’t hear it, she repeats, “Hold on!” and then squats down and grabs hold of the deck railing, Wessex braces herself for the blast Ronin is about to let loose.

--------------

Wessex is a bit snarky on board, but otherwise does nothing to affect either the ship or the whale.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
'The lads, mm?' Remi raises a brow at that. He might not have evidence to support it, but being gay himself, he thinks it highly unlikely Wessex would 1. show off for anyone, and 2. if she did, it wouldn't be for a male audience.

With no real answer from Wessex (this makes Remi think Maea is somewhere safe given her lack of concern), the alchemist instead turns his gaze towards Ronin. Rumbling towards him on a cloud, looking as dashing and unfairly handsome as always, the alchemist welcomes him with a roguish grin and open arms. "Since when aren't you a fan of my bad puns?" Remi might not be a father anymore, but that doesn't mean he's let his dad jokes go.

As the boat is rocked by the whale, Remi braces himself against Ronin, pulling the Dark Star close. Reaching out with his magic, vines begin to wrap around the ship in an effort to hold it all together. Burying his face against Ronin's neck with his eyes closed, knowing that the world is about to get impossibly bright, Remi laughs against his husband's skin at the absurdity of it all, not knowing of course that Maea has perished not some 30ft away.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Delphia is lucky that she isn't taking on this beast on her own, lest she find herself in a situation reminiscent of Maea's. The combination of soul-tugging and starfire is enough to thrust the Whale's soul into the afterlife where Delphia can finally capture it.

Remi and Wessex are healed by Ronin 's light (and Wessex's self-healing continues as well), leaving the group in shockingly good form after all that has happened. Even the ship is in one piece, held together by vines as it is.

Still, not everything is as it should be given that Delphia, ghostly and invisible as she is, is hidden beneath the waves while the ship continues to sail further away.

Delphia posts first.

Whale 2: 0% HP - Spirit taken by Delphia

Remi: 210 HP
Wessex: 120 HP

Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
The feel of the soul of the whale finally reaching her hand was oh so satisfying. She sighed with relief, propelling herself up to the surface of the water just as her magic keeping her in the ghostly realm dissipated. But where the ship had once been was suddenly gone. Gray eyes narrowed, scanning the area before spotting the ship heading back towards shore. Well. Apparently it was time to swim.

"Wait up! I'm coming!" Delphia shouted, her appearance returning to normal now that her emotions were settling, and she set off swimming after the ship. She was thanking her lucky stars that she was a strong swimmer.

Delphia shouts at the ship to get their attention and swims after it.
I offer you
Eternal Sleep
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist doesn't hear the demi-goddess calls. Instead, he's grinning stupidly at Ronin while desperately trying to think up more stupid puns. The fingers of one hand playfully and inappropriately dip down the back of Ronin's waistband as he hugs his husband close. 'Mmm. Thanks for that.' He hums, having been healed by Ronin's blast of light.

Glancing over his partner's shoulder, and then towards Wessex, Remi lets his head loll lazily to the side, believing their work here to be done. "Where'd Maea and the other one get off to?"
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101

please just don't forget me

Laughing softly as the light faded and it looked, through some miracle, as though they had succeeded in their task, Ronin smiled at his husband. "Any time you like," he murmured, squirming at the questing hand trying to make its way down the back of his pants. It did look as though they could finally relax, and Ronin pulled Remi closer as he glanced about the ship. Maea he didn't know about, but the other one rang a bell...

"Oh!" He straightened up suddenly. "She disappeared - she's probably nearby." Calling out to the crew, he directed them to slow and turn about, that they could search for her. "I can't see Maea anywhere, though."

Ronin remembers Delphia going after the whale and directs the crew to slow the ship so they can search for her. He also asks about Maea's whereabouts.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
Standing up and feeling fully refreshed after the supernova, Wessex turns to look for Loki. The black dragonling comes to her, settling vocally on her shoulder with chirps and other pleased baby sounds. An ear catches Remi’s question again. “Maea?” she repeats blankly back to Remi, finally able to finish the thought she keeps half-starting. “Don’t know. Lost track of her after I left the boat…” So saying, she shrugs and takes a quick look around the deck too see if she's hiding in a corner somewhere, then peers out into the ocean, as if that will do any good. There’s so much water, and Maea is a tiny woman. If none of them know, the chances are slim…

She sighs to herself, not entirely fussed about it, more just… aware of the implications. “D’you think she… drowned?” Wessex asks the two men with a grimace. If it’s true… that’s a shame. What a way to go.

Change author:

Delphia 's cries go unheard. The crew has slowed the ship down at Ronin 's command, however the demi-goddess is about 40ft away from the boat at this point.

Whale 2: 0% HP - Spirit taken by Delphia

Remi: 210 HP
Wessex: 120 HP

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi chuckled darkly at that, nosing Ronin's unshaven chief mischievously, still not worried at all for the two lost members of their party. Removing his hand from the back of Ronin's pants (reluctantly), he placed his palms over the Star's ears. "MAEA. DELPHIA. WE'RE LEAVING." He yelled loudly, his accented voice echoing out easily.

"She has water magic. I don't think you can drown if you have that." Remi noted with a dull shrug in response to Wessex'.