(SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
Ever since the leaves have started falling, her mood has gone alongside each one. It is a time for remembrance and honoring the dead, but how can she do that when her son is not truly departed? Still caught in the throes of purgatory, unable to rest. Unable to join the rest of their family in the beyond.

Her heart aches anew every morning as she stares out sightlessly from her sheets. Her son. Her only son. Lost time and again, lost before she was ever able to lay a hand upon his cheek once more, or place a kiss upon his mighty brow. Ru'in had been so young when she had lost him the first time. What kind of man had he become? What had she missed in their time apart? Questions she will never have answers for. He feels so close sometimes, as if she merely needs to turn around and he'll be standing there in the path, as familiar to her as her own soul. Hotaru knows in her heart that no matter what shape her son could take, she would know him.

And now she never will again.

It hurts worse, somehow, than the ache of tragedy she has been carrying since Helovia's destruction. At least she can imagine the rest of her family happy and healthy in some other realm. She cannot do the same for Ru'in. And so she spends her days combing through this new land, hunting down materials, devoting herself entirely to the creation of this lantern in hopes it will somehow ease the agony in her breast.

It won't. She knows that, but as the weather grows colder and the time looms closer where her son's soul will return, will be present once more...she becomes desperate.

Hotaru isn't expecting Sunjata of all people. When does she ever expect it to be him? He seems to be scanning around just as she does, and she quietly moves to intercept his path, face drawn and pale. "Looking for something?" Her voice is tired, but at least she's trying.
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, I can't do this alone
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back - by Hotaru - 03-19-2020, 09:48 PM