(SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
She hadn't intended to hide it, her voice merely faltering beneath the weight of a grief that feels too raw. In time, as the seasons change, it will fade once more. But it will never leave. It is a weight she will carry until she meets her family in the afterlife. Sunjata's silence is a welcome balm, as he has always been. Ready to listen when she speaks, and allowing her silence and space when she does not. His attentiveness is often undervalued among his other - some less savory - traits.

His amusement helps to bolster her own, and her own soft laugh echoes beneath his. "How you've attracted so much attention without me to control your wardrobe either is beyond me," she shoots back teasingly, grateful for this solid, stable ground he represents. Familiar and welcoming. Hotaru isn't blind to his handsome features, but sometimes she can't help but feel competitive, wanting the same draw and allure that he so easily exerts over others.

Their connected hands chase away the minor chill of the colder winds that occupy the beach, their callouses - not quite aligned, borne of different pasts and skills - a comfortable texture. Hotaru laughs and coos at Haai's antics, positively charmed, and squeezes the man's hand as she smirks. "She sounds like my kind of girl then. You keep him in line honey," she directs the last part to the griffin, her grin feeling freer and more sincere. And part of her resents Sunjata for so easily turning the tides on her emotions, but she has always felt at ease with him, ever since the beginning. There's no point fighting it now.
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, I can't do this alone
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back - by Hotaru - 03-27-2020, 04:53 AM