(SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
"Tragic really," she bemoans playfully, unable to keep the dismayed expression in place for long as he leads her onward. As much as she'd love to dress him up someday, drape him in colors and patterns that would bring out his features, she can admit that she finds him handsome regardless. It's not the outfit that makes the man after all, no matter what she says to get business in her shop.

Haai's smoke and flames makes her laugh softly, Sunjata's warm hand squeezing around her own where it's safely clasped within his. The griffin reminds her even more of Alice now, but the ache is bittersweet instead. "She's lovely," Hotaru says instead, because she is. They are both lucky souls to have been bonded the way they have. Her hand feels cold when they part, but Hotaru is sufficiently distracted taking in the new building, eyes seeking out every detail that she wasn't here to witness being put into place. It's finely crafted, for all its rugged intent. Hopefully she can mimic such a beautiful meld in the lantern she intends to make.

Sitting on the offered chair, she removes the bag from her shoulder and the items within are placed separately on the table. Scrap metals, cloth wicks she had made herself, glass she had blown as the lantern centers. Though she hadn't intended to make more than one, she'd crafted a few to determine which she likes best in the moment. "You can use the glass if you like," she offers, keeping the orange-hued one for herself and gently sliding over the other two. "I can help bend the metal with my lightning, but we'll need some sort of binding agent to keep the shells and decorations on." Sap or tar would work, but she hadn't collected any while in the Grounds.
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, I can't do this alone
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back - by Hotaru - 03-27-2020, 06:12 AM