(SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
"That's what I hope for," she admits candidly. "Kiada is the one burdened with the quest of freeing his soul from the LongNight monsters...it's the least I can do to keep his memory alive while she tries her best." No matter how bitter and hateful she feels over her own uselessness, her weakness that keeps her from assisting Kiada in freeing her son's soul and allowing him the rest he so deserves in the afterlife. Still she strives to grow stronger in the hopes that perhaps she can be called upon to help someday as so many of her family have.

She's not alone in that connection, that protectiveness. Though Hotaru hadn't known that Adam and Peter were connected in such an emotional way, she can't help but agree that it had been a small blessing in those last moments. "I am too." Though she's not fully educated on Mort's realm and how it differs from the afterlife she'd known in Helovia, there always seems to be a unifying idea of peace when your soul passes to the beyond. As her gaze is drawn to Sunjata's progress, she feels her heart ache at his words. Turning away, she begins gently gluing the glass to the metal base, holding it still until it becomes tacky and ready to hold.

"Strive for? Yes. Achieve? Sometimes I think I'm too jaded to find that again, much less keep it until such a dire moment." Hotaru isn't in the habit of lying to Sunjata, and she certainly isn't going to start now. Even if it makes her sound pathetic.
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, I can't do this alone
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back - by Hotaru - 03-30-2020, 06:26 AM