(SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
Instinctively Hotaru's shoulders tighten at the knowledge he displays, that fierce maternal instinct rearing its head at the notion of Kiada's secrets or past being known to anybody but her family. She knows Sunjata is a good man, despite his nonstop efforts to make everyone think otherwise. Even so, she'd forsake him in a moment for Kiada without hesitation. As he speaks however the tension unwinds, her initial reaction giving way to the more stable forces of logic and trust. "Yes, she is." There's no point in denying it if he already knows. Though her head cocks slightly at the name, mind whirring. At one point she'd memorized every name she ever came into contact with, and she'd been held prisoner in the Throat for quite a while. It certainly sounds familiar. "Melita...I feel I know that name." Murmured more to herself than anything, though she doesn't mind if his sharp ears catch the words.

His offer nearly makes her fingers trip over themselves as she attaches a piece of sea glass to the base of the lantern. She remembers Rexanna's romance with Tembovu, the way she'd tried so hard to learn the language, and how the twins had been brought up to learn both tongues. It's a large gesture for Hotaru to say the least. "I'd...yes, I'd really like that. Thank you." So stunned she can't even tease him, reduced to her base sincerity.

It wipes away quickly enough, turning to rolled eyes and frustration that flits briefly over her pretty face. "Is it Maea?" Her time with the woman had been illuminating, and she knows Maea had lived in the bar for a significant amount of time. "You know I don't mince words Sunjata. You're acting foolish. If you are not ready to release Lusea from your heart - and I will not be the one to judge you if you are not - then at least have the decency not to drag others hearts into it. You're only casting your pain onto them, which you'd think you'd want to prevent since you know how it feels." Despite their actions, she still loves Ashamin and Thranduil. Perhaps she always will. But she has been open and honest with everyone she has entangled herself with so far, Sunjata included. He clearly needs to do the same, or at least be honest sooner. Breaking Mara's heart will only further piss Hotaru off, she's rather find of the girl after all.
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, I can't do this alone
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back - by Hotaru - 03-30-2020, 08:01 AM