(SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
Hotaru snaps her fingers softly as soon as he mentions the Throat, a certain smugness coming to her visage at having at least recognized the name. "Aw, she was just a babe when I first came across her." Though she certainly isn't expecting the ties between Sunjata and Melita as they're summarily revealed. It only makes her all the more curious about the different worlds they've all come from, how closely they move in tandem, and how The Voice manages to pluck people from their homeland. "I'm glad she has you here at least. I can't imagine how Helovia's destruction must have felt at her age." How old had she been when Kaos killed their gods and destroyed their home? Did she remember her parents at all? It's a tragedy, an old wound that Hotaru hadn't anticipated being revisited today.

His offer is a balm to that ache, and she banishes the memories with a smirk aimed his way. "I'll play second fiddle to her if it means learning," she teases, amused by the way he'd worded it, as if he was slipping cheese under a fence to the neighbor's dog in secret.

The smirk fades alongside his as he admits to her suspicion, and she sighs as she glances away from him and focuses back on her lantern. Beginning to attach the bones as he speaks, listening even if she'd rather not have to look into his face as he does so. The way he mentions Deimos makes her curious, but she can't focus on it first. "And have you been honest with her about needing to create space again until you feel you have actually, fully moved on?" Hotaru keeps her voice even, betraying nothing of whether she thinks he has or not.
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, I can't do this alone
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back - by Hotaru - 04-01-2020, 05:20 AM