(SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
What else is there to do but agree? Neither can police the actions or opinions of their nieces, nor can they change the past or the actions that had wounded both girls. Instead they are left trying to console and mediate, intrinsically biased. "All we can do is give them the love and support they need." Something she will continue to do, even if she meets Melita somewhere down the line. There is too much pain, too much grief in the wake of Helovia's loss. She is not one to hold a child's actions or feelings against them, and Melita will be given the same respect. Turning her gaze briefly to Sunjata, Hotaru glances at the lobes of his ears, considering. "I think that would be a good idea. A memento to carry with you that cannot be easily misplaced." Or stolen, considering Torchline's particular moral code.

"It's not exactly the same, but...I feel the same way about Ru'in. I think we will always have that small seed of hope that maybe it will happen again, but we can't invest in it. Feeding it with attention only gives it roots." Knowing her son's soul is out there, lost but otherwise free of Mort's grasp, is a temptation she fears she will not be able to avoid. Hotaru will go to great lengths to return her son to her side, and she knows that makes her dangerous to herself and others. At least Sunjata knows that Lusea is at Mort's side, at least his temptation - the seed of doubt and hope - is more manageable even while still freshly watered with grief.
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, I can't do this alone
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back - by Hotaru - 04-04-2020, 07:27 AM