(SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
Neither seems to have the emotional energy to sustain much by way of smiling or cheer. It doesn't bother Hotaru much in her current state of mind. Though she regrets that he feels the same way, hoping she has not dragged him into the mire of her despair. She is not the type to wallow, but this? This, she has earned. And surely he has as well, with the loss of two of his friends and comrades. Unaware of just how much more he has lost. That they have both lost, really, with how fondly Hotaru had regarded Maea.

"It's not a swift process," she both reminds and agrees in her uncharacteristically soft tone. "The more you pressure yourself and fixate on it, the slower it will go. Because she will always be in the back of your mind, even if you're just trying to remind yourself to let go." Which will only make him dwell further, deeper, in ways she has experienced herself. "It took many years of searching different worlds for me to come to terms with losing my family. But I know they'd sooner scold me for making myself eternally miserable than thank me for preserving their memory." Not when she can honor their memory in other ways. "Which is really just a lengthy way of saying don't expect too much of yourself. Don't rush through the process, or you'll never find the closure you need." And Lusea deserves more than a half-baked goodbye, even if it's an unanticipated second goodbye.
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, I can't do this alone
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) twist the knife, break my heart, put it back - by Hotaru - 04-07-2020, 10:04 PM