Concord or Combat
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
The Wraith doesn’t mean to start out with a rant about everyone else; but when she’s been given a space to speak her mind, the things she’s been holding in are bound to leak out around the edges of productive conversation.

Her head tilts slightly to one side in brief consideration. “If I may be so bold as to assume what She’s thinking - I believe she’s coming around to the idea that we can’t live in a little Ascended vacuum.  It started when I was Queen. Now with Rex in that position, with Her children needing to live and flourish amongst others - yes, I believe She is. From what I understand, in the midst of becoming what She is now, She wanted to help others. Make life easier. Connect them with faraway places. She wants us to integrate into each new community.” It’s a bit of a half-truth, for the Voice’s perspective always came from the point of what was best for her and the Ascended. And exploring, showing the locals that the Ascended were either a.) nothing to fear, or b.) powerful and not to be fucked with both worked in her favor.

She can recognize that Delphia is trying to understand, and thus far it’s in a gentle way. So she continues, growing a bit of a pensive look as she recalls the events of last year.

“What I mean is - that even when faced with the fact that I’m older than all of them, a Natural, and have many more years of experience surviving LongNight, they didn't want to listen. When I was put in a position to try and make things better, including dealing with everything the Launceleyns left behind, I was second-guessed and fought at every turn. I was doubted because they saw me as Ascended first and Natural second. They didn’t listen. Put people at risk by opening doors, by being reckless, focused on their own quests and reasons instead of the Grounds as a whole.” Pausing for a moment, she winces and continues.

“Maybe I’m still bitter about the Mathair portal, and I’m certainly glad I’m no longer Queen. But I look at the Grounds now and so little has been done to better it since I stepped down. I can’t help but wonder if a Council is ineffective. If their emotions at being denied access to a place when the rest of the world was opening has… affected the future.” She can certainly understand certain things, but the reality is that it was one place, and the Fae don’t even like humans. One place, when they could have helped the Ascended open portals to more areas by now.

At the news of punishing Ludo, she raises a brow. “That’s… interesting.” Refreshing, actually. Good on Mort. But there’s little more to say about it and she waits for more questions.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
Concord or Combat - by Delphia - 03-18-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Wessex - 03-26-2020, 11:05 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Delphia - 03-26-2020, 11:37 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Wessex - 04-01-2020, 01:38 AM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Delphia - 04-02-2020, 05:03 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Wessex - 04-08-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Delphia - 04-11-2020, 03:10 PM
RE: Concord or Combat - by Wessex - 04-15-2020, 03:44 PM