Paradise Found
For Ashetta
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
Kalt
I say goodbye to my weakness,
So long to the regret,
and now I see the world
through diamond eyes.

She didn’t pull away from him (at first), and he leaned just a touch closer to her, a gentle smirk on his lips as his eyes studied her face, his smile flickering slightly larger when she started smiling. Kalt listened perhaps a little more attentively than he had initially planned simply because it wasn’t common that she talked about the eight months in the south when they had been in the Guild. Then again, he hadn’t asked very often. A piece of him liked to live in a world where those eight months apart didn’t actually happen, where he hadn’t nearly become an alcoholic and she hadn’t completely disappeared from his life for an amount of time he didn’t know could feel so long.

Another smile broke onto his lips when she mimicked the posh blueblood way of speaking, and he chuckled breathily at the mockery. He didn’t remember the last time he had genuinely enjoyed being around another person - of course not counting his daughter - without wanting to go home to the company of his books.

When she finally drew away from him, he didn’t make any effort to hold her where she was, though his hands might have trailed over her skin longer than he would have done so for anyone else. While she found a reasonable excuse for pulling away from him, Kalt knew that her spider wasn’t why she separated. And if she thought he would fall for that, she clearly needed to be reminded just who it was she was dealing with! He didn’t like seeing her drink, but she wasn’t drowning herself today. If she had been, he would have had no problem breaking another wine bottle, but a drink now and then was normal for anyone, so he couldn’t open his mouth. Well, he certainly could, but he wouldn’t.

He thought about the returned question quickly, a quiet smirk pulling at his lips. ”Back in Northwind,” he said with a light shrug. ”Found it a little before the fall of the Guild when I was coming back from a job. It was outside the kingdom borders, and I didn’t have the chance to show you or go back myself, but it was a beautiful spot. A lot like this one, but there were wildflowers covering the ground everywhere you looked.”

Drawing a slow breath, Kalt stepped over to her and would once again close the distance between them, his eyes practically glowing as he met her gaze, hands carefully taking hers. He flickered a grin to her briefly, standing with only the sound of the moving water. ”What are you afraid of?” He whispered to her, only releasing one hand to tuck her hair behind her ear. She wasn’t herself. She didn’t have to be completely, but she would have to acknowledge the reason why she wasn’t, otherwise she never would get back to living as she was supposed to live, back to enjoying life for what it was.

Ashetta

Messages In This Thread
Paradise Found - by Kalt - 12-17-2018, 08:18 PM
RE: Paradise Found - by Ashetta - 12-20-2018, 12:01 AM
RE: Paradise Found - by Kalt - 12-20-2018, 03:29 AM
RE: Paradise Found - by Ashetta - 12-20-2018, 04:47 AM
RE: Paradise Found - by Ashetta - 12-20-2018, 06:44 AM
RE: Paradise Found - by Kalt - 12-20-2018, 05:28 AM
RE: Paradise Found - by Kalt - 12-20-2018, 07:25 AM
RE: Paradise Found - by Ashetta - 12-20-2018, 09:36 PM
RE: Paradise Found - by Ashetta - 12-22-2018, 06:06 AM
RE: Paradise Found - by Ashetta - 12-23-2018, 12:47 AM