before i got carried away
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Morgan watched Amalia carefully as the woman spoke, and did feel some sympathy for her calm empathy: Loren had predicted correctly, though. "We are not the Gods and we cannot bear the responsibility for those that would ruin our society. These people have committed serious crimes: murders, rapes, arson. Some of the details would make you want to look away - they are not deserving of our sympathy. The Gods will face them when they die and well...then I believe they may be faced with more punishment, if there is any justice." Hands on her knees she spoke quietly but intensely; she was not a devout follower of the Gods, but she hoped they might be sensible enough to punish those deserving of it eventually.
There will come a time, you'll see
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

AMALiA
She glances at Loren a second, resisting the urge to smile flatly at his correct assessment. But it's Morgan's next piece of information that causes her to hesitate. Murder. Rape. Arson. Amalia glances between the pair, her naive mind struggling to imagine a world where these crimes could be anything resembling commonplace. It changes her perspective on the matter, shifting conceptions uncomfortably.

Rubbing her wrist, the Shield bites her lip hesitantly before speaking again. "That's... terrible. I didn't know." Had Sunjata been right, then, in his hasty actions in the cave? But no... no matter what sins they committed, death is not an appropriate punishment. "And the other people of Halo? Are they... safe?" Morgan had mentioned the food supply, and though she tries to prevent it the Shield cannot help the grisly visuals that spring into her mind.

the darkest nights produce the brightest stars
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Trying to follow Morgan's lead, not quite trusting himself not to reveal too much or too sensitive information, Loren nevertheless sent a pulse of sympathy at the stricken expression on Amalia's face. Still, he hesitated a beat before responding at all to the baker's question. "The people of Halo are aware of the threat. As they are aware of all the threats in this region." His voice was quiet.

Glancing at the Captain, he turned back to the Shield. "Rest assured we are doing everything we can to keep the people safe, and they are taking every necessary precaution. If the problem escalates, we will take every appropriate action. We appreciate your concern." Again, though, while his public face was a neutral mask, he'd made his promise to Amalia already.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
It was clear that her words had struck Amalia in the way Morgan had intended them to, something she was pleased by; she was finding the outsiders coming to Halo were often rather obnoxious about their own moralistic opinions. "They are as safe as they have been for a long time now. The hunters are aware of the threat, as Loren said."

At that, unless Amalia had any further questions about the matter, Morgan was happy to drop it. She wasn't that interested in what a girl from the Hollowed Grounds thought they ought to do anyway, and as far as she was concerned the cannibal problem was under control for the moment.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

AMALiA
They seem content to drop the subject, though Amalia still has questions and concerns regarding the cannibals and their punishment to come. But she's an Outlander here as surely as any would be in her home, and despite her biting curiosity and feelings on the matter, she knows well the agony of being challenged by someone who has no knowledge of her life.

Still, there is only so far the Shield can hold her tongue. "If you need any aid from the Hollowed Grounds... our militia would assist, I'm sure, in keeping the peace. Or if, if you were interested in establishing more trade.... I have a bakery. I would be happy to send some food to Halo as needed."

the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
As Amalia mentioned that the militia from the Hollowed Ground would be happy to assist, Loren actually winced a bit. Quickly, he rushed to respond. "Our own forces are more than sufficient to the task." It came out firmly, and clearly he didn't want the conversation to continue down that route.

When the baker brought up trade, he relaxed slightly. "We would welcome your excellent goods. What would you like in exchange? We don't have much to offer, I'm afraid, other than the byproducts of our hunting and the use of our mages." However, although his tone was polite, he sent her a pulse of gratitude for the offer.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Amalia's words of assistance might have smarted Morgan's pride at any other time, but now they actually made her pause and consider; there was a new threat coming on the horizon, one that she was not confident she knew how to face, and assistance from the Hollowed Grounds might be just what they needed.

Letting Loren speak she would let the discussions of trade go on for a moment, uninterested, then quietly ask: "If I could speak to you alone for a moment before you leave, please." Towards Amalia, not yet trusting well enough to include him in her plans.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

AMALiA
Loren's firm tone is surprising; Amalia blinks, taken somewhat aback, but does not say anything else on the subject. Always terrible at social graces, she has no idea what faux pass she's made, but enough presence of mind to assume she's made one. Rubbing her hand on the back of her neck, she smiles gratefully when he eases slightly, seeming happy to discuss trade. "Furs are fine... though honestly, the offer to house our people through LongNight is more than enough. Vi will be grateful, I think, if it means the monsters claim fewer lives. As will I."

Growing somewhat uncomfortable, Amalia readies herself to leave when Morgan's soft voice interrupts. Surprised, she glances between the woman and Loren, not sure what to make of this request. "Of... of course," she answers, also quietly. To Loren she adds a silent question: I'll find you after, and we'll go?

the Firebrand

Change author:
Nodding as Amalia agreed to accept furs and shelter in exchange for her baked goods, Loren shot Morgan a quizzical look when she asked to speak with the baker in private. Still, he rose to his feet easily enough. "Thank you for visiting." He reached out to pick up the bread she'd brought. "I'll deliver this to the kitchen." Nodding at Amalia and the Captain he turned to go.

As he did, he responded to the baker. Works for me. Let me know what Morgan says, yeah? Despite himself, he found it very curious that the Captain wished to speak to the Shield in private.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Matters were settled and Loren left; Morgan watched to make sure he was gone from the room before she leaned forward to speak to Amalia in a hushed tone. "I do not want to speak on this for longer than is necessary. I am concerned about the increase of 'Ascended' in Halo. I am planning to launch a plan to push back their influence here: would you help me?" Her gaze was intense, demanding an answer from Amalia immediately.

"Whether you will or not, do not tell Loren of this. With his...brother's condition, I cannot imagine he would be warm to it. I will know if he is told." As to what she'd do if she found out, she didn't say, but Amalia could assume it wouldn't be good.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

AMALiA
The sudden change of tone catches Amalia by surprise. For a moment she can only blink; then her expression swiftly changes, though her eyes dart toward the place where Loren just vanished. "Of course," she answers in a low tone, though her tone is rife with curiosity. "A year ago the Ascended infected the Greatwood with a terrible blight. It took the intervention of Vi and Rae to stop it. Is something similar happening here?"

She wouldn't have told Loren, regardless, but the reason causes her to raise a brow. "His condition?" Amalia repeats, confused. "Is he I'll?"

Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Amalia, thankfully, seemed to understand the seriousness of the situation, immediately responding with news of the Blight. Morgan had heard of this terrible plague, though she had not known it had taken Old God intervention to fix: for the moment brushing past that (and her larger dislike for Gods in general) she shook her head. "Not for the moment. But I am seeing more and more of them here, and I worry they mean to take over our people. After all, with no weakness to the cold or need to eat, they are...well adapted to Halo."

The question gave her a chance to illustrate to Amalia just how serious the situation was. "No. Neron has..become one of them. Gone to The Voice. He assures me he won't let that affect his leadership, but..." Morgan looked off with a quiet, bitter laugh.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

AMALiA
The adaptation of Ascended to Halo hadn't escaped Amalia's notice, either. Secretly she had hoped it might entice more of them to leave the Grounds; she hadn't thought that it might instead convince the naturals of Halo to convert.

The clarification about Neron makes Amalia narrow here eyes. "Another Ascended ruler," she murmurs unhappily, a bitter twist to her coral lips. "Of course it will affect him. And between that and Zariah..." She trails off, not wanting to think of that alliance any more than she has to.

Looking at Morgan with a serious expression, Amalia nods her head. "Yes. I'll help you. Though... whatever you plan, may I ask we wait for LongNight to end? I need to know my people will be safe through it. After that whatever move you want to take against the Voice, you have an ally in me."

Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
It was relieving to see in Amalia the same concern she felt, after the majority of the people she'd spoken to had been supportive of the Ascended or neutral on the topic altogether. "..I can do that. I am not ready to make a move myself anyway. When I do though, I have gained the support of a General from the Grounds. Perhaps you know him: his name is Deimos." Feeling good about having some kind of allegiance backed up, she was proud to tell Amalia this. The expression on her face was too genuine for the woman to betray the general.

"I shall write to you when I am ready to begin." She informed Amalia with a crisp nod. "Thank you."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3