six impossible things before breakfast
open
Petra Myr

Age: 36 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 9 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
She could only shrug at the reassurances, not quite ready to accept that kind of comfort. Maybe it would be easier, maybe not. Maybe this was just the beginning of a whole shitstorm of events that would make her frazzled mind disintergrate and leave her a babbling fool - oh wait, she already was that. Nevermind then.

His reply that he did think it was good she was there... made her squirm. Quickly she withdrew her gaze and looked ahead, away, at anything and everything else. It was confusing, and not the kind of thing she really should be worrying about at the moment.

"Oh. Uhm... Well, where I come from, the level of technology is quite advanced? We have vehicles that move on their own, computers... er, devices that can calculate advanced mathematics, and internet... well... think of it as a communications network that anyone can access with the right tools. You can sit in your living room and talk to someone on the other side of the world." She braved a quick glance at him, to see how he was taking this. Not nearly as bad as she was handling this whole inter-dimensional travel bullshittery, surely.

"Science has come a long way... medicine, space travel, archeology... Anyway, in school they teach us about history too. The creation of the world, from beginning until present day... and they've lumped together periods of development in human civilization. Stone age, bronze age, iron age, middle ages, renaissance and so on. I figured, if I knew roughly what kind of tools you have, then maybe I can know what to expect. If you have cars, or horse drawn carriages, or.... something else." Scratching at an itchy spot in the scalp, she shrugged. "Possibly, the existence of magic complicates things a bit."

Messages In This Thread
six impossible things before breakfast - by Petra - 04-01-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: six impossible things before breakfast - by Petra - 04-05-2020, 05:05 AM