classic in the wrong way
Maru
Maru Ngata
Merfolk Leader

Age: 40 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MARU
listen carefully to the sound of your loneliness
like a heartbeat that drives you mad
There is an unfamiliar but pleasant-sounding cadence to the projected voice the man supplies, his tone respectful and with a grace his predecessor had not held. There is little filler to his words as they stream across the bond between them, a businesslike approach that appeals to a man like Maru. With so much to listen to there is scarcely more the merman can do but supply his rapt attention, tentacles swaying idly in the water to keep him on equal level with the shifted man. There is much to learn, and he considers the weight of each word in the echoing half-silence of the ocean's rhythmic heartbeat. Aware that here on this playing field, they are the only chess pieces, with entire civilizations weighing upon their shoulders in anticipation of their decisions.

You would be correct. My kind do not often interact with yours, and your predecessor preferred that. A rumored race cannot smuggle items after all. There is a deep, rumbling amusement to his projected words that curls like smoke over every syllable. A hilariously simple but effective ruse. As for the man's origins, he is not adequately familiar with the term used, and a dark brow arches slightly at the tale that is spun, trying to grasp at straws to compare what he knows to what is being said. Then you have my gratitude. We hold no claim to the water itself, but such actions against our home would not be taken lightly. They are a private, peaceful race on the general whole, but even the laziest shark can rend and tear with its god-given teeth. I confess to not knowing much about what being an Outlander entails. Our prior relationship with your people was purely one of business - to secret away goods and return with payment or further trade. To act as scouts perhaps, in times of trouble or upon discovery of new treasures. I would be open to new negotiations, if that is what you would seek in your position. A gentle prod, turning the tables back to Remi to continue this particular dance.
in the stillness of remembering what you had
and what you lost

Messages In This Thread
classic in the wrong way - by Remi - 04-08-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: classic in the wrong way - by Maru - 04-09-2020, 03:36 AM
RE: classic in the wrong way - by Remi - 04-10-2020, 04:47 PM
RE: classic in the wrong way - by Maru - 04-12-2020, 08:50 AM
RE: classic in the wrong way - by Remi - 04-13-2020, 01:53 AM
RE: classic in the wrong way - by Maru - 04-15-2020, 08:35 AM
RE: classic in the wrong way - by Remi - 04-16-2020, 02:51 AM