I have a vision of a man-made object
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Lancy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Then the stranger spoke, he said, do not fear
I come from a planet a long way from here
Josh had lived a life filled with violence and unpleasantness and had come to expect it everywhere. A port town with a 'governor' and mermaids? There was definitely going to be at least some pirates, if not things much worse.

"Back from the dead? How long had he been dead for?" That was what would decide the impressiveness of the miracle, in Josh's eyes. Restoring a 5 minute gone man was something that could be done by an especially lucky doctor - a rotting corpse less so. Hearing 'husband' did have him give a raise of the eyebrow, not knowing Caido was progressive enough in it's politics to support gay marriage.

Remi asked an interesting question, though Josh had a characteristically blunt answer. "Yes. I aim to prove or disprove supernatural phenomena. If it is a trick then I need to prove that, if it's real I need to prove that. It has been the basis of my research for years. If we know something is a legitimate case of supernatural power, we can further study how it works and is done."
And I bring a message for mankind to hear
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
"Mmm..." The Alchemist thoughtfully scratched at the scruff on his chin, eyes narrowed as he tried to recall. "I'd say...a few weeks? A month or more?" Remi shrugged, the information lost in the darkened whorl that was that time in his life.

Hearing Josh's...mission explained this way only sort of cleared things up for the Alchemist. "What counts as supernatural, then?" Remi wondered out loud. "I can change myself into all sorts of animals. Can create something from nothing, make things move, coax plants into growing or suddenly spouting, and even make them walk around." He shrugged, this all being quite commonplace now. "And the gods can certainly do all that more."

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Had he decomposed significantly in that time?" Josh asked, seeming to not know or care about the emotional distress such a question might cause Remi. Only interested in discovering the nitty gritty details of the reviving he peered at the Governor with a scientific curiosity, imagining scenes of skin reknitting itself into place and putrid flesh slowly filling back up with fresh blood.

Remi's question was one he had considered himself since coming to Caido. "I do not know here yet. What you can do would be supernatural on my world. Here the lines are more blurred. I will begin with things that are odd to me in my Earthly perception then move outwards as I adjust to this plane of reality." That seemed to make the most sense: he hoped in time he might understand better the rules of Caido, what was possible and what seemed impossible. "...I have not yet heard of someone able to become an animal and cast spells. Are you a particularly powerful warlock?"
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
"Ahh, well....he'd been quite thoroughly exploded at the time." Remi said a touch awkwardly, running his fingers through the back of his curls and then letting his hand rest on his neck. "Safrin came down, let him say his goodbyes and then...raised him up to become a star. At least until he was brought back."

Earth was presumably where Joshua had come from, though it not being of much interest to the Alchemist, he let the term fade out of his mind with a light nod. With a surprised laugh, Remi shook his head an immediate no. "Not that, no." He replied with a slight flush and bemused grin. "There are others who can as well, though we aren't...particularly common. Not anything supernatural, though." To his mind there was Ashetta, Deimos, Loren, and Jigano.

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Change author:
"Exploded. Wow." Josh nodded as he took that in, though he had a million more questions that he only just managed to bite back, the tiny bit of social tact he had informing him that most people didn't like to speak about their spouses blowing up (most people. He was sure there was some small percentage who were into that kind of thing, but it would be risky to assume Remi was one of them).

Remi didn't seem to have much more of interest to tell him and Josh decided he didn't want the cigarettes: no point resurrecting an old habit right now. "Thanks for the chat, then. I might come back if I need to talk to uncommon people. Bye." Assuming Remi wasn't offended by being called an 'uncommon person', Josh would turn on his heels and walk away briskly, already thinking of a million other things.

{FIN}
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!