i know a spot where you won't get caught
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
Not realizing that he wasn't being sarcastic, an amused scoff escaped her mouth. Sentient plants? Definitely not. Plants far more colorful and diverse than the ones she'd seen so far here? Absolutely, but none of them could think for themselves and actively bond with or victimize anyone. It was only when he continued on without the usual tells of a joke that she realized he was not in fact being cheeky, and that maybe she really just ought to expect these things at this point.

The mental image of a murderous (or not so murderous apparently, varying from each individual gourd to the next) pumpkin and the small gryphon playing together was pretty funny, the humor in it painting a grin upon her lips. "That's pretty wild," she remarked, then realizing it might sound judgy she corrected, "or at least for me! I mean I'm just not used to gryphons and living squash so it sounds kinda crazy."

Eyes back on the road ahead, a motivated bounce in her step. Even after the rough start which could've easily spoiled her day, she found herself even more invigorated now than she had before. Maybe it was because of Jigano's openness and willingness to teach, or maybe she was just in a good mood. Either way it felt good to be walking down the street with a companion, someone who could lead the way and share her burdens, and her theirs.

Longnight didn't necessarily dull the mood, but it was certainly more serious topic than their other discussed subjects. Her eyes drifted between the man and the land around her, both taking in his words as well as the many new things she'd hoped to explore today. Jigano did well of summarizing, leaving no base unmet. Meetings were certainly a good way to get the word out as well, and whether or not she'd gathered enough information to make what she believed to be an informed decision about the macabre week, she thought it was still probably something to attend.

His mention of keeping torchline open to them brought a question to her lips, one she uttered with some gestures to accompany, "So I've heard about portaling and different regions, but how exactly does that work? If you don't mind talking about it," the last bit was added when she realized that perhaps she was dogging the man for answers he wasn't necessarily obliged to give. After all they'd only just met, she'd kicked his companion, and he'd simply been out on a grocery run, probably not expecting to deal with an energetic newcomer like her.

The scent of the bakery hit her far before his words did, it was the sweetest smell she'd come across perhaps even before she'd come to Caido. A bakery, the idea brought another contented purr to her tongue, a soft hum in her throat as she appreciated the luxury and simplicity of a bakery. It wasn't a guild for fighting monsters, or a portal to another world. It was just a place for bakers to bake and share their pleasures. At least she thought, and it was a warm thought to have on a brisk fall day.

"Do you have to pay? Is there money here?" she asked as they paused, watching Isuma squirm from her bonded's grasp and bound towards the building.

AISHA

Messages In This Thread
RE: i know a spot where you won't get caught - by Aisha - 04-20-2020, 12:35 AM