i know a spot where you won't get caught
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
"My world had gryphons, but I never actually saw any until I came here. So far I've only seen the ones that have hatched from eggs to bond with humans. It had some pretty nasty sentient plants, too... those I did have a few run-ins with. I'll tell you about the Wicker Women when we get to the Atheneum," he added, taking no offense at her mistakes but hoping he could convince her of the seriousness of some of the threats.

LongNight seemed far away in the bright autumn sunshine, but just talking about it sent a shiver down Jigano's spine, and he was glad to see that Aisha listened with solemn attention to his warnings. Torchline was sounding better and better as a place to spend the winter, but there was the issue of how to get there... an issue Aisha touched no with unexpected perspicacity, and Jigano gave her a wry smile and a tilt of his head in acknowledgment of her sharp senses. "I don't mind. As I said, it's my job, and one I chose because it's also my calling. As for portals... It's a complicated topic," he admitted freely. "The portals were created by the Voice, a goddess who stands apart from and against the rest of the gods of this world. Using them is convenient, but also... mm. Not 'dangerous,' but it does make people more dependent on and accepting of her power. The first few portals were opened through murder and destruction, her followers killing those who sought to defend their land or their lives. So there is a certain moral quandary in making too much free use of them," he admitted with an uncomfortable grimace. "But using them is easy enough. Within the basement of the Spire--" he nodded towards the looming black obelisk in the distance, "you'll find a pillar of light. Step into it, and you'll find yourself in a grey, featureless place. Aany step you take will bring you to a signpost, with the different regions written on it. Simply take a take a step in the direction of the region you want to go to and you'll come to a sort of window looking out upon it. Step through that window and you'll arrive at your destination. If you go to Halo you'll arrive in a cave in the mountains. Torchline will let you out in an alley in Kaiholo Port, and the Greatwood will let you out at the Mathair, in the middle of the Wildwood."

Amalia's bakery proved a welcome and warming change of pace, and he smiled truly as Isuma perked up and went seeking her friend. Aisha's question brought the first real chuckle to the bard as he smiled fondly at the gryphon and the bakery both. "Amalia never charges, not for those that truly need it. She's a pious woman, and a kind one. As for money... always the hardest thing to get used to." He shook his head ruefully. "No, there is no money. It's an economy of bartered goods, trades, and favors. If you don't have an artisan's skills you can hunt for meat or gather nuts, mushrooms, berries, and such from the Woodlands. If you aren't woods-wise, you can chop wood or offer simple labor, helping to move goods or wait tables or fix a leaking roof. Once you get established as a reliable individual you can promise future favors against items you want now, or you can work ahead and earn a tab of goodwill for things a merchant might owe you later. My Guild does a fair amount for the community throughout the year, so I can generally get our usual supplies for the Hall from those who've come to us for assistance previously," he added, nodding to the bag of groceries Aisha still carried.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i know a spot where you won't get caught - by Jigano - 04-20-2020, 01:24 AM