An Apple a Day
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
stretch out my life & pick the seams out
Trying to get an apple, reaching up to the very limits of his grasp, Sam didn't notice Amalia's confusion or for the moment consider that she might have misconstrued his words. After all, in his mind, he'd said he told Nate all that it entailed: Nathaniel was a grown man capable of making his own decisions and he had decided to Ascend.

Amalia's scoff was the answer he'd expected and he laughed a little at it as he plucked an apple down and into his basket. "Well...we agreed that it was alright for him to bite someone for the purposes of diagnosing them, as long as he could stop there and not do anything else...the very next day, he came home rather dishevelled." Sam gave Amalia a look to see if she was as disappointed in this as he had been. "He didn't even have to tell me. I knew. And I'm not going to spend my time with someone who can't even be faithful for a day. I want love, not...whatever Nate gives." Poor Sunjata.
take what you like, but close my ears and eyes,
watch me stumble over and over.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
She's working harder instead of smarter, Amalia realizes finally as she strains to pluck a another low-hanging apple from the tree. She has tools for this task now, abilities to make the process much simpler, and the help of a... If not quite friend, then at least family.

"Hold on a sec," Amalia interrupts gently before Sam can continue his story, not wanting to seem disinterested. Indeed, Nate's appalling conduct has earned a great deal of judgment from the Shield, the girl shaking her head sympathetically when Sam mentions him coming home disheveled.

In a blink she shifts her body, taking wing in barn owl form and landing on a branch above that's weighted down with fruit. Than again the Shield changes, this time adopting the otter shape, her small claws adequate for plucking apples out of trees.

Nodding for Sam to carry on, Amalia plucks an apple from the tree and mimes throwing it to her brother before carrying out the task, hoping he's ready to catch.
And I knew that somehow I could
find my way back
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAMUEL
Sam had finished his story anyway. There wasn't much anything else to add except for bitter complaining and extra details he'd only be adding to be petty. A little disappointed at the lack of reaction he watched Amalia transform into an otter and obediently held out the basket to catch the dropping apples, managing to use his speed to get most of them pretty squarely in the middle.

"--It was Sunjata. That Nate slept with." He added abruptly, surprising himself a little with the words, which had just felt like they had to come out. "I suppose they're together now, but I don't know how long it'll last. I don't think Nate can take anything seriously." Sam left any comment on Sunjata unspoken, given he didn't know the man that well and he'd horribly embarrassed himself in front of him not long after Nate had cheated.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
It was Sunjata.

They're together now.

"I'm sorry, what?"

Up in the tree, Amalia has transformed fully back to human form, the better to express her indignation. Dark eyes ablaze with anger at this latest revelation, the girl perches on the branch above, her fingers white-knuckled with fury. "Of course it was Sunjata. Of course. That ingrate."

Nimbly she drops from the tree, not noticing the jolt in her knees as her feet plant down on the ground. "Was this before or after he married Phoebe, then fucked Maea-? Gods, Maea! Her body's barely cold." It's a slap in the face of her childhood friend, the first thing to truly break through the stupor of Amalia's numb denial.

Almond eyes flashing, Amalia steps forward to put a hand on Sam's shoulder. The flinty anger is still in her voice, but she searches his face sincerely. "Anyone who would choose that man over you is an idiot, and deserves what they get."
And I knew that somehow I could
find my way back
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Sam was not expecting such a strong reaction to the name of Nate's new lover but he revelled in it, enjoying Amalia's spite when it fuelled his own. He didn't know much about Sunjata's past loves, but it sounded like he hadn't been very good to them: Sam was even more glad that his attempt to romance the man one ill-advised evening had been unsuccessful.

Amalia putting her hand on his shoulder was a further comfort and he smiled at it, feeling for the first time like he had a chance of being a true sibling to her. "Thank you, that's kind of you to say." Their relationship was still new enough that he couldn't keep his eyes on hers for too long and he turned to pick more apples after that, reaching high to make sure he got all the ones he could.

{FIN}