Personal Quest fire in our hearts
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Delphine
Splinters in her hands were not unheard of, nor uncommon. Delphine worked with paintbrushes and gardening tools in Northaven, and here she had taken to making her own paintbrushes, which meant a lot more splinters.

She does pause to pick them out, the best she can, but doesn't spend too much time on it. Assuming she had been provided nails, and a hammer and perhaps a saw, Delphine would set to work figuring the best type of shelves for a blacksmith.

She decides on two regular wall shelves, and then two larger shelves, with two tiers to it, but just as good for displaying items. Deciding that the larger shelf would be easiest to make, she picks out space and starts to measure, using a piece of wood to decide how wide the shelf should be. Once that was done, she begins to put the shelf together, starting at the base, hammer in one hand, and a nail in the other.

Delphine has decided to make 2 floating shelves, and 2 larger shelves with multiple tiers. She starts on one of the larger shelves first.
Let me make you smile, darling.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
It's almost as if everything goes right for once. For once.

The progress on the forge is coming along nicely. There is a slight hitch where one of the bricks seemingly cracks, but it isn't a major problem and there's plenty more to replace it with. Oliver and Aisha are able to begin their slow, but steady, progress on the forge. It'll take quite a bit longer, but as of right now the odds seem to be completely in their favor.

Samuel is... doing as well as he can be in this moment. Luckily enough for Samuel, this golem was particularly stupid. The golem easily spotted Samuel and it rumbled on forward. And... surprisinly, it seemed to trip over itself! No rock was needed as the beast tripped and fell to the ground with a mighty thud. Ouch. It was undoubtedly heard up above, in which Oliver very much heard it. Calling out to the man, Oliver almost found himself standing up. "Samuel? You okay down there?" Hopefully all was well.

And Alina, just like everyone else, her task was going along swimmingly. While she does get a bit of water on her, the paint from before seems to scrub off nicely and smoothly, providing a very easygoing experience for the Fae. Looks like she lucked out with her task.

And finally there's Delphine, who just like everyone else, her task goes well. The base of the shelf goes easily, the wall almost perfect for it to go on. There is no problem with the hammering and she is quickly making progress with her task.

Well done everyone! Things are going great.
The forge is coming along well.
The stone golem trips and falls on its own, not even needing the rock to help it. The noise is heard above, but Oliver isn't super concerned yet.
Alina is able to clean off the walls of their nasty, old paint.
Delphine is able to begin her work on the first shelf!

No posting order.
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 60 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When we can’t control fire,
we name it “wild”
Alina was very much feeling like she'd gotten the better end of this deal. Then again, that wasn't surprisingly seeing how dumb these outsiders seemed to be. Now that the paint had been removed and the walls cleaned, she set aside the soap, water, and paint stripper.

Then she picked up the paint itself. Not particularly caring how nice the exterior looked, she took the brush and began methodically painting up and down the walls. Once again, while her short stature meant she couldn't reach that high, it was easy enough to fly off the ground to continue the job until she hit the roof.

Alina begins painting.
when we can’t control God,
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
Delphine, who still has not spoken a word to anyone, continued her work slowly. It went easily enough, and she finished that shelf before moving to the next. Hopefully it would go just as easily.

She picked a spot and carried the wood to that spot before she set to work to build the shelf. To quicken her work, Delphine decided to focus on building all three of the last shelves, before attempting to put them on the wall.

Delphine sets to work building shelves 2, 3, and 4!
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
running off over next doors
garden before the hour is done
The small inconvenience of the broken brick was just that, a small inconvenience, of which the two attuned continued on with ease. Aisha was enjoying herself, happy to be focusing her normally pretty hectic energy into one task, and accomplishing it well. She couldn't wait for the swell of pride when it was all finished, the rush of a job well done.

She moved on from the first couple rows and columns outlining the forge to the next, piling and mortaring higher and higher, slowly making her way to the finish.

Aisha continues building up the walls of the forge.
it’s more a question of feeling
than it is a question of fun
AISHA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
Relaxing a little as the golem tripped before him, realising he wasn't dealing with a particularly clever monster here, Sam yelled back up to Oliver: "Just a golem down here. I've dealt with them before. Do you have a hammer or something like that?" It was likely a necessity in a Blacksmiths he hoped, and it would make a good implement to use to crush up enough of the golem.

In case it did get up quickly he made himself invisible, just a hand sticking up out of the hatch to receive the hammer, when Oliver came to give it.

--
Sam asks Oliver for a hammer to do some smashin'
And I pray to blades of grass
To find forgiveness in the weeds
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
The ascended man calls out almost way too calmly. Though, because of this, Oliver isn't too concerned about him and this apparent golem. Because Sam is obviously way more trained than him, Oliver assumes that for the time being, Samuel most likely has things covered. Standing up, Oliver walked over to the wall and lifted up a rather large mallet, one that would be used when actually blacksmithing. It would do, right? Bringing it over to Sam, he placed it in the hand reaching up from the basement. "Good luck, if you need anything call for me." With a nod Oliver returned back to working on the forge.

That did cut a bit of work off and actually, it was beneficial. "We need to make sure the cement has time to set, so we should make sure not to rush." That small amount of time was enough to let the stones already placed set, but it would mean that they would have to continue on in a steady fashion. After all, cant have the forge falling apart on them, right? Building up the forge more, Oliver made sure to take his time, watching Aisha and hoping she would continue in the same way.

Delphine the ever so silent person at first seemed perfectly fine. The first two shelves went up easily and smoothly, but the last one? It falls down, collapsing onto her feet. Looks like that shelf is gonna need a bit more time to get it up properly.

Alina must have some magic Fae luck as she continues to paint. There's still wall left to be painted, but the paint goes on smoothly and beautifully without hitch.

This is round 3! We will need one full round after this one for sure ;) or more! However long it takes
Aisha and Oliver continue to work on the forge! They are doing as well as they can, but they do need to slow down a bit due to letting the cement set
The paint that Alina is applying is going on nicely! She still has a lot of work left to be done, though. Get to painting!
Delphine is able to put up shelf 2 and 3 but 4 completely falls down! Looks like that one will take a bit of work
Samuel now has a mallet thanks to Oliver! Get to work!
No posting order
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Aisha paused in her building to listen to the exchange between Oliver and the man in the basement, at the mention of a stone golem she became visibly more interested and walked with Oliver over to the hole to try and sneak a peek. Unfortunately all she saw was the ginger grabbing the mallet, however perhaps after this was all done (and he'd safely dealt with the thing) she'd try and see what all the fuss was about.

She returned to the forge, glancing to Oliver as he spoke and rubbing a the thin layer of hardened mortar from her fingertips. She nodded in response, "No problem," then returned to work. There was no rush, the steadier the better, and with the slower pace it gave her more time to concentrate on those fine lines she so loved.
AISHA
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 60 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
When we can’t control fire,
we name it “wild”
If all the tasks the outsiders needed help with were this simple, Alina would have an easy time collecting the parts she needed. However, she wasn't going to hold out much hope for that. Still, it was almost pleasant, to be painting on a fine Leafchange day.

She even found herself humming, an old tune passed down through generations of Fae. It spoke of victory in battle and grace in defeat, and none in the Hollowed Ground were likely to have heard it before. As she went on to work on the last of the paint job, she found that it suited her triumphant mood quite well.

Alina paints the last of the exterior.
when we can’t control God,
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
Delphine huffed in frustration when shelf 4 fell off the wall. She claimed the shelf, and attempted to figure out where she'd gone wrong. She straightened the shelf, attempting to nail it straight, as she rebuilt the shelf, thinking that might be the issue.

Then she placed the shelf on the wall, lining it up, and once again attempting to hammer it in place. She heard people calling out to each other, but offered no response because she has yet to say a word. why talk now? as it was not directed at her.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
With a mallet in hand and the Golem on the floor before him, Sam knew what there was to do. He'd never relished in violence, but there was little reasoning to do with Stone Golems and he saw it as a kind of duty to destroy the monster now before it could hurt anyone less able to deal with it than himself.

Grim line of a mouth on his face he raised the mallet up high then brought it crashing down on the Golem's head, hoping to crush it and kill the creature in one quick blow.
And I pray to blades of grass
To find forgiveness in the weeds
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
With their combined teamwork, the forge came together nicely! Aisha and Oliver were able to finish off their forge project, finishing off their work just as everyone else had completed theirs. It may not be a masterclass forge, but it was still suitable and would work just nicely for Oliver and his future blacksmith endeavors.

For the Fae, her work was simple but continued on smoothly, literally. The paint applied nicely and she was able to finish off the work, turning a rather drab outdoors into a beautiful new house. There could obviously be a bit more work done, but the transformation was complete and hopefully, the building would look inviting enough for others to come in and pay the shop a visit.

Unlike before, this time Delphine didn't have any problems with putting up the shelves, save for a couple more splinters. Otherwise, the shelf went up smoothly and easily without a hitch, allowing Delphine to finish off her task without any problem.

The golem was an adversary that Samuel handled spectacularly. It was helpful that he had prior experience with the beast and knew how to act under unusual circumstances. All of this combined together in a smooth process where now with the mallet in hand, it was easy to vanquish the beast. Only problem left now was to dispose of the body and now destroyed head. At least that problem was now out of the way! Unfortunately, it would mean that Oliver would have a bit of work to do on his own, but he would be happy to know that Samuel was safe.

The blonde would stand up and walk over to the hole to check in with Sam. "I think everyone else is finished- if you need any help let me know!" And with that he turned his attention to the others, making sure to listen out to see if Samuel needed any help.

"Thank you so much for coming together to help me out- it really means a whole lot and I really owe you one. Let me know what you want me to do in exchange for your help today. Again, thank you so much. You are free to leave and get about your life." The same would go for Sam and Oliver tried to speak loud enough for the man to hear if he remained down in the basement.

The blacksmith shop is now complete! Thank you so much!
If you want to make a final post, feel free to do so! Otherwise, I will be archiving this in the coming days.
Thank you again for participating!
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
As soon as Alina finished the paint job, she dropped the paints and other supplies back in the pile and turned to go. However, the dude who'd gathered them began to speak, so she halted. When it turned out to be inconsequential thanks and goodbyes, she started moving again before he'd even finished.

Already off the ground, she just flew off into the distance. Double checking the pouch to make sure she still had the lock of hair she'd been given, she nodded when she saw it was there. Securing the pouch to her belt again, she found herself eager to get home. Still, not bad for a day's work.
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha and Oliver finally finished building the forge, the ruddy bricks laid nicely to set a perfect place for fire. Hands and forearms, shirt and pants, all of it was coated in dirt and dust and a crust of mortar here and there. But it seemed worth it, finally looking around at everything else they'd accomplished and being able to imagine Oliver working here.

The group was called together for the send off, the fairy woman exiting early and without a word. Aisha listened to Oliver but couldn't help but watch her go, still intrigued by the winged woman. She still had a lot to learn in Caido, and her initial reluctance had now flipped to excitement. She turned back to Oliver as he set them free to go, and offered him a grin, "See you at the manor, blondie," she said with a friendly nod, then turned to head on home.
AISHA