Personal Quest sum of our broken parts
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
i'll put all my pieces back together where they belong, and i'll say
The structure begins to take place, and Sunjata’s relieved for that small mercy. But as the beams go into place, shouting and arguing can be heard, a crash, and the framing begin to start breaking and buckling in one section they’ve completed. He thinks for a moment to leave it for Ronin, the hunter having a bit more of a notable face here in Torchline… But well, with Sunjata becoming the Arbiter, isn’t it his job now?

He sighs, stepping away from the frame he’d helped hold into place, voice calling out to those that started the brawl. “Hey! Hey, look. Now isn’t the time to start shit. Suck it up and help us finish it, and you can brawl somewhere else when it’s over. Got it?” A dark raise of his brow to that, as if daring them to challenge it. He has no qualms getting into a fight over it.

So now, you’re going to go fix the beams and reinforce them from whoever’s hard head hit it.” Turning his gaze to the rest of the Torchers. “And we need a few people to get started on the roof.” Glancing back to Ronin with a small smirk. “Walls for us and the leftovers?” He suggests, before slipping toward the materials needed to add in the walls and insulation.
god, i'm a mess
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
the baffled king composing hallelujah
It was all looking fairly good so far, and as the inevitable voices rang out, Ronin had to be honest - he wasn't surprised. The Star turned in time to watch two Torchers start to brawl with each other, lips parting to bark out a command, but Sunjata beat him to it.

And in all honesty, Ronin was happy to let him, leaning against one of the erected supports to see it play out. The way he handled the rest of the men and women who had come to help was honestly admirable, and his respect for Sunjata jumped up a further notch.

Nodding as the other man returned to him, he turned to gather up the materials. "If we move everything together, this shouldn't take too long," he said, already preparing to lift a hefty looking stone that would start the process of making up the walls.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
i've got a river for a soul
The Torchers turn toward Sunjata, ready to round upon the man for daring to bark orders their way. But then...the flood is an intimidating figure normally, much more so when covered in a sheen of sweat. Snarling they turn away with respectful grumbles of obedience.

The rest of the ragtag group fall into some semblance of order for Ronin as well, and soon the walls are up. All that's left to do is the roof!

"Since...we don't quite know where we are, we should probably think about where you want your entrance to be so that we don't pop up in the middle of the bar." So saying, Remi glances towards Raza's companion. Potentially he could tunnel upwards and risk compromising the integrity of the structure, or the snake could go. The alchemist can't communicate with the creature, but Raza can. Raising a brow in her direction, he leaves it to her to decide how to proceed with regards to the surface-placement of her end of this endeavour.

Their luck holds shockingly well, and though Remi and Raza work in near silence, the tunnel swiftly moves towards the Hanged Man with astonishing speed. One of the final steps is figuring out where Raza would like her end of the tunnel to appear.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It was with a quiet smile of acknowledgement that Ronin watched the Torchers fall into line. He called for assistance and it was given freely, and the walls went up in no time at all. (In reality, who knew how long it had been really. Probably all day). Sweating by now and pulling off his shirt to cool down, both Ronin and his projection headed up to climb atop their new extension, nodding to Sunjata.

"Nothin' like some backbreaking work in the sun, eh?" he called down to the other man, armed with a hammer and some nails to start getting the roof tacked in place. With any luck, the rest of their group would continue to follow suit.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He’s half ready to ensure that the Torchers either fall in line or leave if they can’t get their shit together. But a few grumbling responses of respect and the walls go up, and Sunjata’s relatively pleased with the result. Somewhere in the midst of it, he loses his shirt as well — ending up using it as a way to wipe the sweat from his brow while they nearly finish up the job.

Him and Ronin (and Astral Ronin) make a pretty good team, he thinks, pausing to take a drink of water as the last task is aired. The dreaded roof. He shifts to his macaw form to get up where they can start attaching the roof, calling orders down to the Torchers below to help raise the pieces they need next, helping Ronin slot them into place and nail them down. “I’m going to need a cold shower and a drink after this.” He chuckles back to the hunter, already the bronze hue along his shoulders that peek between navy feathers shines with a reddened hue of a sunburn.

Sunjata helps work on the roof, trying to coordinate with the Torchers on getting the pieces from the ground up and helping Ronin nail them into place.
god, i'm a mess
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
Fortunately, or unfortunately, Hoa isn’t with me. He’s keeping an eye on The Hanged Man, but if we’re close enough, he should be able to catch the edge of my thoughts and help out.

“I want it to end up in the back room…” The corner that’s hidden by the end of the cot. There shouldn’t be anything on top of that area right now as I’ve recently moved shit around. Walking to the edge of the tunnel, I try to reach for Hoa, sending him images of me ‘n Remi tunneling up out of the ground. He seems to be able to hear and comes to where I want the entrance to be. “Not sure this’ll work but, b’tween me below an’ him above with a noise, I think we can get close enough to the right spot.” So I ask him to keep making a noise, a vibration of sorts - in this case, dropping something on the floor - so that maybe Remi can follow it? Bless him, he’s eager to help; Hoa is dropping the heaviest thing he can lift in a more or less continual thudding.

I also try to pinpoint when my connection is greatest and direct from below.
quid pro quo
ain't nothin in this life for free
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Sunjata and Ronin have only one final task...

Clean up so that it doesn't look like a construction site. Or don't, you've worked enough today.
Last round! <3

If Amalia was around or if Remi was one level higher, this would be easier. Without those additional levelling benefits though, the Alchemist and Raza are left listening in the dark for the thuds of a snake several feet above. "So, here you think?" Head cocked to the side with ears no longer human, the alchemist reaches out with all the magic he has (unhelpful) and all animal senses (moderately helpful) to try adn pinpoint where the snake is. Of course he'll adjust based on Raza's recommendations.

Once it's settled, it's time to go up.

The earth is moved (into the backroom, a mess Remi promises to clean up immediately), and a ladder is created. Climbing up and blinking into the light, Remi waits for Raza to join him. "Is this...more or less where you meant?" If so, he'll create a hatch and an offer of a rug to conceal the door.

Raza needs to guide Remi so he can make a tunnel upwards and confirm the location of the hatch.
Last round! <3
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
Yes, it’s entirely ridiculous, listening to the thuds of whatever Hoa is dropping above them. I tilt my head and move half a foot in one direction before squinting and then placing a hand on the roof of the tunnel. “Yep. Here.” Aaaaaand I hope it’s correct, otherwise…. There’s gonna be some wood or a cot on his head when we come up. As we break through the floor of the Hanged Man’s back room and nothing comes falling down, Hoa slithers to one side. I’m on Remi’s heels and as I pop up and look around, I start to smile. “Perfect, actually. Well done.”

There’s a glint my eyes as I look back down at the tunnel. Never thought I’d be the type to be in the government business, but a secret tunnel is pretty damn cool.
quid pro quo
ain't nothin in this life for free
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The roof goes up pretty easily, sunburns already sporting on his skin. But once it’s done, the tools are collected and Sunjata helps lower it down to the ground again. And then he shifts into his macaw form to drop to the ground and collect the leftover beams and posts that weren’t needed, wiping away sweat from his forehead again and thanking the Torchers for their help once everything has been collected. And then, he huddles in the shade to cool off the best he can.

He looks for Ronin, then, offering him a nod and a smile of some brotherly support based off of the way they’d worked together quite well. "A new adventure, huh?" He offers to the hunter, a slightly softer smile crossing his face to that.
god, i'm a mess
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Blessedly, the roof went down without an issue, and Ronin helped collect tools and put things away and clean up in general. He nodded to the Torchers as they left in an echo of Sunjata's thanks, the hunter sweating and aching and sporting a deep tan along his shoulders as well, though his days of sunburn were long gone as soon as he and Remi had slept on the beach a few times.

Rolling his shoulders, the moved to flop down into the shade with his fellow... cabinet member? and glanced around for Raza and Remi. "Mm, it certainly seems like it," he remarked with a lopsided smile to Sunjata. "Now, if those other two come out looking like they've barely lifted a finger, we are entitled to kick off at them, okay?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
With a sly grin towards Raza, Remi shuffles back to let her up. 'I'll just...scatter this outside." He said of the massive mound of earth now covering her floor. Until then though, he added a latch and hinges, and finally a key. Just the one, in fact. Handing it to Raza as he straightened, the Alchemist ruffled a hand through dirt-dusted curls. "Just the one for you. It's no use pretending I can't get through from the other side if I want, but unless some emergency arises, you'll be the only one with control of this side."

Sunjata and Ronin will be waiting a good while for Raza and Remi to return, and even then, it'll just be Remi. Raza after all ended this little adventure back at her bar anyways and there was no need to drag her all the way back out to the lighthouse.

"I see you two are cozy." Remi said with a skeptical smirk, seeing his husband and Sunjata sprawled out and looking exhausted. With a grin and shake of his head, he grabbed a bottle of whiskey, cheersing the two men for their efforts.

Thanks all!

~FIN