they're looking your way
Sunjata <3
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
REMI
the alchemist
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
"Oh, that's an old Loren trick. Better to break the rules than lose at anything." Remi sneered darkly. Watching as Sunjata lifted his shirt—the hunger in Remi's gaze predatory more than anything else—he inhaled a hiss of weak sympathy before his eyes rose. Now his expression was one of genuine appreciation for Sunjata's words; to be reminded to grotesquely of the death of friends? Remi knew well just how maddening that could be. "At least the scar suits you." The alchemist said with a bitter sort of laugh.

"On penalty of death, what else. And this is Torchline after all. It'd be an easy thing to offer a reward for any information on sightings. But I can already see how it would go...a notice would be posted, information sent to Halo so that he'd be made aware, and I can guarantee within a week something would come up here that Loren would just have to attend to." Remi rolled his eyes, balling up a bit of sand between his fingers and then tossing it aside.

"Remi I know you hate me and I can't be here, but oh! this sad little dolphin needs my help and I am the only one who can save it." Remi tried to approximate Loren's voice, but it was no use given his accent.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
SUNJATA
A low hum leaves Sunjata’s throat in quiet agreement. He had too many scars now, too fucked up from almost everything in Caido nowadays. Add in the one likely to take place from Remi’s taloned feet. But he ducks beneath the rope to grab a bandage to wrap around his midsection to keep the bleeding under control, a quick wash of hands as well, before he’s returning to Remi and sitting in the sand beside the man — glasses back in hand to pour more for himself and the Alchemist.

His gaze lifts as he mentions the penalty of death. And well, honestly, it makes sense, but at the same time it might be more difficult to do than it seems. So he huffs out a sigh, a wry smile at the mimicked answer from Remi in an attempt to copy Loren’s voice. “He can’t swim.” He shrugs easily to that, some sort of bad joke added on there. But then he takes a deep inhale and looks to Remi with all the seriousness he can muster with the stinging pain of his stomach.

And what about Halo, then?” He comments. “He’s got a position in the government. Is a possible war fallout from that something you wish to have?” A long term thought, that perhaps if Loren did come in knowing what might await him, that Neron wouldn’t be as understanding. He tips his glass back to take a sip, unconsciously thinking of all the ways it could go wrong.
we were young, dumb, taking our chance and making romance and breaking our promises
trying to be and failing miserably, but am i too late or hearts to your spades?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
"Sorry." Remi says a touch dully, before waggling his fingers that are now mostly human. "No healing here." He nearly snarks something about how if only they had Loren to help, but refrains. The last thing he'd need was for fate to bring the summoner along and he wasn't about to provoke anyone listening. Accepting the drink happily, Remi lets it sit in the glass for a moment instead of downing it instantly. There are still feathers and bits of mane amidst his curls and he's quite sure that to drink it now with so much of him still shifted would be a mistake.

Raising a brow in mild surprise, Remi just snorts. "I'm shocked there's no random snippet of his history wherein he was thrown into icy waters and forced to learn to swim." He said with a roll of his eyes, leaning back against the ropes and groaning under his breath as his side snarled in pain.

"Isn't he just a healer? I can't honestly see Zariah and Neron starting a war just because Loren isn't allowed to sunbathe on a beach." Still, Sunjata isn't wrong, and the way Remi unhappily raises the glass to his lips says as much. The alcohol burns as it goes down his throat and he relishes the sensation, putting the glass down on the sand with a satisfying ahhhh. "Much as Torchline is a place that is happy to accept petty vengeance, I suppose my first act as Governor probably shouldn't be banning Loren."
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
There’s something that tugs at him, an explanation given to Loren long ago about his lung condition and how sometimes it was important to deal with the pain of injuries rather than magicking them away. It applies here as he offers a small wry grin back to Remi, before a quiet chuckle is granted about Loren’s history. “Mm, well. There probably is, somewhere.” He shrugs to that, before talk of war is on the table.

Loren and Neron have gotten close, as far as I’m aware. He’s been told to remain in Halo. On top of that, he mentioned to me that Halo is closing its borders for Deepfrost.” He rumbles, waving his hand with the glass in it, before it settles and he leans back a bit more. “Perhaps not punishment of death. But we could imprison him if he breaks it, negotiate with Neron in terms of release.” He muses, lips pulling together before he leans forward.

Or, I can be the middleman of Halo negotiations, seeing as I doubt you and Ronin want to go and deal with the Launceleyns. So if we need something I can handle that part.” An offer of a bit more peaceful of a middle ground.
we were young, dumb, taking our chance and making romance and breaking our promises
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
'Told to remain in Halo, and yet... he was on the beach just a day ago, sending out invitations from Maea.' Remi waved a hand slightly as if to imply that this was precisely the sort of situation that Loren would always be able to come up with. Maea's dying wish; who could resist that? The alchemist hadn't been particularly close with Maea, but still, the Launceleyn's use of her death made even his stomach turn.

"Close as they might be...Neron has ever been considered with his own self-interest...I wonder if we couldn't just make it worth his while to keep Loren on a chain closer to home." Falling silent as Sunjata leans forward, Remi raises an interested brow to hear what the Arbiter might have on his mind.

It turns out to be a surprisingly welcomed offer because Sunjata is quite right: Neither he nor Ronin would likely be able to hold their tongues around the Launceleyns. Not after child-threatening and fake-suicide attempts. "That might be quite helpful. Neron nearly threw me in jail once, when I tore down a ridiculous political sign." Remi snorted into his glass at the memory, far away as it was.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
It was Weaver’s idea, mostly.” He rumbles with a casual shrug to that. “Maea wanted to throw a party for my birthday. I’ve never had one, so. I guess they just went with it.” He muses, having not expected it, but it had still been nice all the same — aside from the tension some events had caused. But he listens as Remi comments on Neron, a sharp snort slipping from the floods nose.

He let me build a bar in Halo with my theme on it.” He shrugs lightly to that. “My relationship with him is entirely transactional.” A favor for favor, really. A basket and drinks for an entire bar and an extension of his guild. What could go wrong? His brows lift, however, at the release of information Remi gives. “Did he really?” He utters with a quiet laugh of surprise, before shaking his head.

Well… We’ll need to build a jail if we plan on setting boundaries for him. In the meantime, leave the Launceleyns to me.” He offers with a raise of his glass in a slight toast, returning to the earlier conversation.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
Remi looked a bit surprised at that. "Halo-Weaver?" Torchline was lovely and all...but the alchemist couldn't help be surprised just how often everyone seemed to be here rather than their own homes.

Nodding, Sunjata's explanation sitting fairly square with what Remi has come to believe about Neron, he grins at the Flood's surprise. "Yeah. In Northaven there was very much an us versus them mob mentality beginning...I think Neron thought locking me up might help." Remi shrugged. "It wouldn't have done, given how little I mattered in the big scheme of things, but.." It was Delphine who'd saved him...or..had it been Ashe? Or Ronin and Vai? Sweeping a hand across his eyes, Remi just shook the memory away.

Raising his glass, he nodded. "To letting the Arbiter handle things." Remi grinned. "Far be it from me to put words into your mouth, but if you do see Loren, tell him to fuck off back to Halo. It's in his very best interest not to let me see him around Torchline, lest I get the urge to test out if he's really better at healing than I am at killing."
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Halo-Weaver.” Sunjata comments easily with a shrug. “She runs my Halo extension.” As if that explained why she’d shown up, aside from being a pretty good friend. That and how much Sunjata fucking hated Halo…

But he sips from the glass, ignoring the dulling sensation to his stomach as he focuses on Remi’s explanation. “The beginning is always so dull.” He comments a bit quietly, having been in the thick of it all near the end of his time in Korofi. But he toasts to Remi now with a light hum of a laugh. “I’ll be sure to pass the word along.” Loren already knew how much Remi didn’t want to be around him. Certainly the summoner could understand that.

But then he reaches to pour a bit more into his glass, setting the bottle between him and Remi. “So how are you feeling now?” Had the strikes, conversation, and conclusions alleviated some of the pent up anger?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
"Huh." Remi hummed thoughtfully. "I've only met her once." He added as if his surprise needed some sort of justification. The portals really did make the world feel strangely small, with how often everyone just came and went.

Tipping the flood a half-wink and then downing the remainder of what was in his glass, the Alchemist closed his eyes and inhaled deeply through his nose. The ache in his ribs wasn't going away, but the pain was something he expected making him less inclined to flinch at its bright groans. "Well, I like you more and hate Loren the same amount." Cracking his eyes open a sliver, he gave Sunjata a look. "You're the expert here; how'd I do?"
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Might see her a lot more since we’re neighbors.” He rumbles with a light, amused smile to that, before settling and resting a hand on his stomach over the bandages, hissing against the slight stinging pain that sparks from it. But at least the alcohol is working well enough to numb most of the pain, and he focuses back on Remi with the half-wink, a small smirk crossing his face.

He supposes it’s a perk, at least. “I’m honored.” He offers with a huff of a chuckle. “You did well. Though, I suppose it’s a good thing I’m with the doctor, huh?” A small smirk to that, lifting his hand from the bandages beneath the slightly bloody shirt, to focus on the glass again and pour another small amount into his – offering the bottle to Remi should he want more. “How’s governing so far?” A small hidden smirk to that, having helped with establishing the governors house and, of course, being a part of it all together. Still, he’s not sure how Remi is handling it, what it might be like from the top of the throne.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
"How is she meant to run your bar in Halo if she's always over here, huh?" Remi replied, a brow raised in mischievous challenge.

The Alchemist winks in jest at this, knowing honoured is probably the very last thing Sunjata is at the moment. "I suppose it is. Other than...diagnosing things with his teeth, does being an ascended help with his doctoring? Or is that all learned?" Knowing what Remi did about the ascended, and knowing about Nate's relationship with Sunjata, whatever the Flood's answer, the Alchemist thought he'd steer clear of Nate's medical abilities if he could help it.

Accepting the bottle and pouring himself a full glass, Remi leaned back against the ropes again with a shrug. "Well, its been..a week or so and already I want to use my newfound power for corrupt and personal reasons, so I suppose you could say I'm a natural." This was said with a dark and empty laugh. "Making jokes about Ronin being my governess has been fun, though he plays the damsel card a little too well sometimes." Remi said with a smirk that had genuine warmth to it now, and not just because of the whiskey.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Supplies, of course.” Sunjata winks back, up to the challenge before he settles back again and listens as Remi questions about Nate. And he hums quietly, sipping from his glass as he thinks about what Nate’s told him. “He was a doctor before arriving here and Ascending. I think it’s just an addition that helps. Believe it or not, he tried quite hard to diagnose me before using his teeth as a last ditch effort.” Sunjata chuckles to that, a grin crossing his face.

But the mention of how the governor title is treating him, and the way Remi pours his glass a bit fuller has Sunjata’s gaze flickering up to meet the Alchemists’, shifting his legs a small amount to draw them up and rest his arms on them. “Certainly a natural with it.” He agrees with another huff of a laugh, listening intently as Remi mentions Ronin and Sunjata’s grin shifts to a smirk. “I imagine he’s pretty good at it.” He snorts, trying to see what it might be like. “Among other things, huh?” He lifts the glass to his lips to stifle the snort and slight awkwardness that leaves him.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
Smirking at this, Remi nods, conceding the point. "Well I'll make sure to keep an eye out for her then." He chuckles. Knowing very little of Nate it's hard for Remi to say whether he does believe it or not; ultimately it doesn't matter of course. "I suppose healing all of us isn't something the Voice would care about." The Alchemist muses idly, the question the conclusion of a train of thought roughly going: Could Nate gain more healing abilities, the way the abandoned do?

'Among other things.' The alchemist agrees with a crooked smile, not at all hiding the mischievous spark light in his gaze.

Silence falls for a moment as does Remi's smile. Heat colours his cheeks and he raises a bashful hand to his curls, messing them slightly as his lips move with silent words. Eventually, he huffs an exasperated sound and levels an earnest gaze across the ring to the Flood. "Its been shitty of me not to have said something sooner, but I'm sorry about Maea." It had been his expedition that had cost her life, after all. "I don't know if there's anything you want to know about that day..and I damn well know how little hearing someone else say they're sorry means when you lose someone, but for what it's worth.." Trailing off, looking properly contrite and weary, he shrugged his shoulders gently.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Mmm, I suppose not.” He rumbles, a light chuckle leaving him. “He hasn’t actually seen her aside from times with the rest of the Ascended.” He shrugs. Perhaps that’s the reason why the Ascended still focused on the ways to heal people without the use of magic, without the use of his upgrade. “So perhaps he’s just rebelling a bit.” A tip of a wink to that, before the humor begins to fade when the silence falls, having nothing else to add to Ronin and what other things the hunter could do.

But his gaze narrows slightly on Remi as he apologizes for Maea, gaze drifting around the room until it lands on him, and Sunjata swallows a bit hard. His head ducks a small amount to that, tilting to the side as he considers it. “Thanks.” He says, because it does mean a lot in the end. But there’s a part of him that doesn’t feel bad about it, not as he focuses on the Alchemist before him. “We were on break when she went. I wanted to figure shit out… And well, I didn’t even know she’d come here and joined up with it. Didn't know until I read a Notice Board post that Delphia posted that I wasn't even included on.” A frown crosses his face as he inhales deeply.

The worst part about it all, I think, is how many people think it’s my fault.” A bit of vulnerability there – of the insinuations given by Delphia and Jigano.