in polite company
Loren! <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
SUNJATA
the flood
dreams where you're murdered
boy i know you heard it all before
You haven’t. Doesn’t mean he knows this though.” He shrugs back. But at least there’s an agreement made, a nod of his head in the acceptance of the trade off. But then Loren stands, and Sunjata offers a hum of a laugh in response to the the formal sounding words — nodding along with it as the summoner gestures for Sunjata to lead the way.

And honestly? Gladly.

So, for real this time. How have things been with you?” He asks with a tilt of his head, shrugging on his jacket and furs once more then beginning the long trek back to the portal. At least it wouldn’t be lonely. Cold, sure. But not lonely.
you shut your eyes to pain
boy then just lock the fuckin' door
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Loren sighed. "Well all I can do is continue to be nonviolent then." It came out in an aggrieved and slightly annoyed tone. Still, he forced himself to take a deep and calming breath. When he let it out, he gave Sunjata an apologetic smile.

Shrugging, the healer slipped his hands into his pockets as he followed the Arbiter towards the exit. "Honestly? I'm fine. Busy getting Halo ready for Deepfrost." The Launceleyn gave the other man a wry look. "If you can believe it, it gets cold and snowy."

Slightly amused, Loren gave Sunjata a curious look. "How's everything with you?" It had been a rough year for the Arbiter, and the healer was more than a bit concerned for his friend.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Exactly.” Sunjata agrees easily, figuring it to be the easiest way to go about it. And then, as they begin to head toward the exit of the Palace, Sunjata’s head inclines toward Loren as he explains how he’s been. “I’m sure that’s a lot of work.” He begins before chuckling lightly to it. “Does it really?” The smirk flashed to the summoner is both warm, and feigned surprise.

But Sunjata can feel a hint of amusement coming from the summoner, and the curious look has him puffing out a sigh of a white cloud as soon as they hit the chill of the air outside. “Could be much worse, honestly.” He rumbles, shrugging lightly. “Things are good though… Good like they were awhile ago. I’m sure you get the similar sort of feeling where you don’t want to admit that it’s really good because then things go to shit real fast, huh?” A raise of his brow to that. “But… Nate and I are good. Life is… Good. Right now.

But then, he has to shift the subject back again. “How are things with you and Sam?” A quiet, tentative question, a branch reached out.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Loren shrugged. "At least it's honest work." There was something weirdly content about the words, and the emotion that bled through their link was similar.

Nodding along with Sunjata's words, the healer smiled a bit sadly. "I know the feeling, yes." He gave the Arbiter an understanding look. "I'm glad things are good with you." After all, the bartender needed it more than most these days, and the Launceleyn didn't begrudge the other man a little bit of happiness. "How's life in Torchline working out for you generally?"

Sighing, Loren shook his head. "Over. I wasn't quite ready to commit and he wasn't willing to wait until I was." He bit his lip. "It is what it is, and given we weren't going to see each other for a full season it's probably for the best."
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
A nod is given to Loren at the comment of honest work — having done a fair share of both honest and dishonest work in the end. But he focuses on explaining how his life is going, as awkward as can be when he’s trying not to doom it. There’s another nod given to the summoner as he comments that he’s glad things are well. Sunjata is too. Incredibly so. On the subject of how Torchline is treating him, he hums a light chuckle. “Good. Helping save the town does wonders for one's image. That and the boxing ring is popular with people wanting to learn to defend themselves.” He explains, a gloved hand waving in front of him.

He inclines his head toward Loren as he speaks though, a contemplative look crossing his face with the information. “I’m sorry Loren.” He rumbles softly, reaching out to give the summoners shoulder a squeeze. “I’m sure you’ll find someone who wants what you want.” He offers with a small half smile given to him.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
"I'm sure it does." For a moment, Loren felt a bright spark of jealousy that he immediately throttled down. He would be happy for Sunjata if it killed the healer. "And among those who want to blow off some steam." He gave the Arbiter a wry look.

When the other man apologized, the Launceleyn just shrugged. "It's not your fault. It's just...life." He sighed. "You know, I predicted this. At least it wasn't...neither of us fucked up, or hurt the other. We were open and honest and it just did't work out." Shaking his head, he tried to keep his sorrow from their mental link. "From your mouth to the gods' ears."
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Mostly that.” Sunjata offers with a rogue smirk, tilting his head a small amount before a breathy chuckle leaves him in response. But it fades at the mention of Sam and life and things just… Not working out, something Sunjata can understand deeply, as he shoves his hands back into the warmth of fur lined pockets. “That’s good at least.” He offers, looking back ahead on the snowy path they take.

Messy breakups are… Shitty.” A raise of his brow, an attempt to add some bit of humor to it seeing as Sunjata knee quite a lot about messy breakups — involved with quite a few already, actually. “So what’s your plan now, Grand Healer?” A crooked smile shot back to Loren with that, still trying to lighten the mood.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Snorting, Loren gave Sunjata a curious look. "Other than discouraging me from showing my face in front of Remi, what does being Arbiter entail?" The healer's tone was more than a bit interested.

Shaking his head a little, he sighed. "Is it good?" However, he gave the Arbiter a look to let him know it was a rhetorical question. "I've noticed." It came out in a wry tone, seeing describing the Launceleyn's relationship with Remi (and Ronin) as messy was a major understatement.

Shrugging, Loren slipped his hands into his pockets. "Wasn't aware I needed a plan. For what?" He gave the other man a sly look. "Do you have one?"
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
A hum slips from his throat as he focuses on the path ahead. “Mostly enforcing laws and what not. Putting in laws to prevent bigger crimes, like sexual assault and that sort of thing.” He explains, looking over to Loren with a shrug. “So, i'll have my work cut out for me.” Another shrug to that — but hopefully things would change.

But Sunjata lets the next comments go as rhetorical, even if one entirely wasn’t. Instead, exhaling a plume of white from warm breath as he laughs to the comment. “Oh, come on. You gotta have something in mind this coming season.” He looks to Loren with a characteristic and wide smirk, partially shifted fangs. “Besides, of course, waiting for my letters.” He winks before his smile softens and he looks back at the trail ahead. “I plan on enjoying the beach as much as I can.” Aside from work, but they’ve been over that already.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Giving Sunjata an amused look, Loren tilted his head to one side. "Wasn't aware that Torchline had laws." He let out a huff laughter that might've been the slightest bit bitter. "Good luck with that." The Arbiter was going to need it.

However, the healer's next look was decidedly less amused. "Sunjata. I will barely be able to go outside. I certainly won't be able to leave the Citadel." He shrugged. "Lots of drinking and storytelling from everything I've been able to glean." Nodding at the mention of the letters, he smiled faintly. "Looking forward to them. I'll certainly have plenty of time to write."

Lips twitching with amusement, he continued down the long road back to the portal. "Sounds like a good plan. Better than mine." Then he searched the other man's features. "And the Advocates?"
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It does now.” Sunjata offers with a shrug, a wry smile to that which turns into a light chuckle at the mention of luck. Gods, what a nightmare it would all end up being when he had to start enforcing things. A huff of a sigh leaves him before he shakes his head a small amount and continues to walk, looking back over to Loren as the summoner gives him a not-amused look.

So? There’s tons of fun things you can do inside you know.” He gives the summoner another wink to that. But then, with the mention of storytelling and drinking, it makes sense in a place like this to just hunker down and wait. A hibernation of sorts. “Well, in between work and everything else, I’ll send a couple your way and you can tell me all about how that story telling and drinking is going for you.” Another small grin sent back to Loren with that.

The road is long, cold, and rather windy all things considered, and Sunjata pulls the fur up around his neck a bit more as he listens to Loren’s response to his comment of spending time on the beach. “The Advocates? All the same old shit really.” A shrug to that, nothing new yet. “Trying to find more people in the Grounds but that’s going about as well as the Grounds was before the barrier lifted.” Another small amount of humor but he doesn’t look toward Loren with that, just focuses on the pathway that winds before them.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren nodded in acknowledgement of Sunjata's comment. Then the healer smirked at the Arbiter's joke about the fun activities one could get up to indoors. "No, really?" The Launceleyn gave the other man a wry look. "I had no idea." Actually, Loren would be willing to bet he'd gotten up to some kinkier things than Sunjata had at this point.

Smiling faintly, the healer gave the Arbiter a pleased look. "What could possibly go wrong with me getting drunk and telling stories?" Tone entirely self-deprecating, the Launceleyn's lips twitched with amusement.

Not feeling the cold himself, he nevertheless noted when the other man adjusted his furs. Still, Loren didn't comment on it, just picked up the pace a bit. He did frown thoughtfully when Sunjata revealed he was looking to recruit in the Hollowed Ground. "Have you met Josh?" Giving the Arbiter a questioning look, the healer shrugged. "He'd make a terrible spy, but he seems the sort to always poke his nose into things. Might be willing to exchange information at least. Or how about Lily?"
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Oh but surely you do based off of last LongNight, hm?” He teases back, a heat of amusement among the cold, flashing Loren another fanged smirk and a wink for good measure. But the amusement settles into a soft smile along his face while they walk, his depreciating words heard with the same kind of tone. Sunjata’s shoulders rise and fall with a shrug; a laugh leaving him. “Only you can say, really.” A huff of air leaving him as a cross between a breathy laugh and a sigh.

At least, until Loren mentions Josh and Sunjata’s head whips toward the summoner, amusement sharp in his eyes. “Wasn’t he the one at the prison cleanup?” He asks, cocking his head. “I’ll think on it. As for Lily? I think I burned my chance with her awhile ago.” Though the thought has some hidden smirk crossing his face. “I helped her with a quest from Frey before the wedding.” As if that made any indication of the last time he’d seen the fiery redhead.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Smirking a bit, Loren raised his eyebrows at Sunjata. "Oh you mean sex with Abasi?" The healer let out a huff of laughter. "Because if I recall you were less than impressed with me last LongNight." Not bothered by that, he just sent a pulse of amusement towards the Arbiter.

As the wind blew a flurry of snowflakes into the Launceleyn's face he glanced up at the sky. Frowning a bit as he saw the ominous clouds up above, he glanced over at the other man. "Not sure drunk me is the best version of me but he's definitely the most fun." With that, Loren picked up the pace a bit.

Nodding in response to Sunjata's question about Josh, the healer gave the Arbiter a quizzical look. "Why would helping her with a quest ruin your chance with her?" The Launceleyn found himself curious what, exactly, this quest had entailed.
LOREN