in polite company
Loren! <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
SUNJATA
the flood
dreams where you're murdered
boy i know you heard it all before
A bark of laughter leaves Sunjata at Loren’s comment, shooting the man an amused look. “I was unimpressed.” He agrees, hands shoving into his pockets a bit more. “Maybe technically because you were the first guy I’d ever kissed.” A raise of his brow to that, a similar amusement bouncing toward the Launceleyn. “That and I distinctly remember having plans for a threesome with Hotaru and Luci last year.” A Cheshire grin crosses his face.

But as the wind picks up and the summoner picks up his pace, Sunjata follows, hunkering in his furs a small amount, partially shifting the skin of his arms to the insulation of his whale form. “Fun is debatable. Depends on how many fights you try to pick.” A raise of his brow to that, before he focuses on the comment about Lily.

She was getting an item of sorts from Frey, asked me if I wanted to give it a whirl when she did. But I was about to marry Phoebe so I declined.” A shrug to that — that he did try not to give into actual cheating on Phoebe. It had just… Happened. “She didn’t particularly like that answer I don’t think.” A shrug granted to that.
you shut your eyes to pain
boy then just lock the fuckin' door
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren raised his eyebrows at Sunjata. "Lusea was the first woman I'd ever kissed." Canonically at least. It was strange to admit that, but the healer was done feeling shame about his exploits or lack thereof. Smirking a bit, he tilted his head to one side. "I don't think I'm the one who prevented that threesome from happening." He was just as amused as the Arbiter was.

However the Launceleyn had to roll his eyes at the other man's next comment. "You liked people so much you opened a boxing ring. Don't tell me you didn't have a little bit of fun." Loren raised an almost accusatory finger. "Plus I recall that you struck the first blow and you got more than a few hits in yourself." Granted, he'd goaded Sunjata into it, but the healer wasn't entirely to blame for that scuffle.

Shrugging at the Arbiter's explanation, the Launceleyn just gave the other man a wry look. "So what? Think that would stop her from making a mutually beneficial business relationship?" Loren just shook his head. "If you're that worried about her reaction to you then send someone else to recruit her." It was clear he didn't think it would be an issue.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
You got lucky with that one.” He teases Loren easily, a smirk crossing his face at the mention of Lusea being the first woman the summoner had ever kissed. But another huff of laughter leaves him with the follow up comment, shrugging his shoulders. “No. Having two separate places to stay over the week did that.” Indeed, he had stayed at the Temple and Ru had stayed at the Monster Hunter’s Guild. And the rest was that, really.

On the subject of boxing, Sunjata gives Loren a wry look, a shake of his head though the edges of his lips curl in a small smirk. “When I wanted it to be a fist fight and you brought magic into it.” He rumbles, mentally tryin fb to bypass the dragon to not coat his rather pleasant mood.

When it came to Lily, however, Sunjata finds a chuckle coming from his throat again, gaze slipping over toward Loren with a playful gleam. “I’m not particularly fond of finding out what it does if she ended up getting it. I’ve had enough as of late with Frey involved things.” He shrugs. “Besides, she already has her own little business to stick to. She’s quite the singer, if you haven’t heard.” He recalls meeting her initially as she’d sung to the Luxeres about a year ago.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
loyalty makes you family
"Did I?" Loren just smirked, not willing to concede that point to Sunjata.

Letting out a huff of laughter, the healer nodded. "That'd do it. Sorry I was a less than perfect replacement." He grinned at the thought of what Hotaru would say to hear him described as such.

Throwing up his hands a bit in an incredulous gesture, he shook his head. Then he sighed. "I'm sorry. I really am sorry. I was drunk and stupid, and I've honestly never been in a straight fist fight before. It's always been magic, and usually to unconsciousness or surrender." He took a deep breath. "But you're right, I shouldn't have done that." Tone contrite, he gave the Arbiter an apologetic smile, and followed up with a pulsed apology as well.

Snorting, the Launceleyn nevertheless gave the other man an understanding look. "Fair enough. But we've all got our own businesses. Maybe she'd enjoy getting into a bit of mischief." Still, it was Sunjata's call, and Loren wouldn't press the point.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Yeah, you did.” Sunjata says with a snort, a shake of his head, nostalgia coming over him. “My first kiss was… Some noble girl, when I was like… Thirteen?” He’s lost track but chuckles with the thought regardless. “Literally nothing to write home about.” A wink given toward Loren with that tidbit of information. But the amusement grows a small amount as Loren apologizes for being a less than perfect replacement – lips quirking up a small amount with it. “Eh, I still had some fun. Even if I questioned it after.” He smirks, the jest clear in the tone he offers Loren as well as the pulse through the attuned bond.

With the mention of the dragon, however, the hands thrown in the air have Sunjata’s gaze snapping to them, watching as Loren sighs. “The dragon just wasn’t the best choice…  Considering my last encounter with a dragon.” He rumbles, looking ahead at the path and offering a small shrug to that. “But thanks for the apology, does mean a lot.” He offers, giving Loren a small smile back.

Still, he listens as Loren mentions Lily and he nods, shrugging lightly to it. “I’ll consider it.” He offers with a quiet hum of thought, before shaking his head. “And things here? How are they? The… Arcane Academy is still doing well?” A raise of his brow to that – he’d heard as much from Weaver, but was curious regardless.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Smiling a bit wistfully, Loren shook his head. "I would've much rather been kissing girls at thirteen than what I was actually doing." However, his tone wasn't sad or pained, just a bit melancholy. Smiling faintly, he nudged Sunjata with a shoulder. "Was it something to write home about, maybe?" The healer was perfectly happy to tease the Arbiter right back.

However, the Launceleyn's amusement faded, to replaced by guilt. Nodding, he rubbed his hands together a bit nervously. "Yeah that's...that's fair. My bad. I wasn't...it doesn't matter." Pressing his lips together, he sighed. "Sorry. Again. Really." His cheeks flushed a bit with embarrassment.

When the other man started asking about the Arcane Academy the Launceleyn grinned unapologetically. "I don't know. You'd have to ask my cousin that." He wasn't going to reveal that information, mostly because he didn't have it, but partially because he hadn't heard anything about the school since his training. That had been well over a season ago.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Oh, I wasn’t supposed to be.” Sunjata replies back, smile and amusement fading to something a bit awkward as he shakes his head. “My mother didn’t have a problem with it. My father, on the other hand, had a lot to say.” His shoulders rise and fall in a shrug, puffing out a white cloud of a sigh as he pushes past that thought if only to avoid the memory of bruises and black eyes.

The nudge from Loren brings him out of it, and he looks over at the summoner with a small smirk back, masking over the memories that crossed his mind. “Mmm… Maybe.” Sunjata replies with a huff of a breathy laugh, shaking his head and focusing on the apology that comes next. “Thanks.” He offers Loren, giving him a bit wider of a smile before his shoulders shrug once more. “It is what it is, isn’t it?” A raise of his brow to that.

The mention of the Arcane Academy makes Sunjata pause ever so slightly, head tilting a bit as he considers it. “Are you not training anymore?” An easy enough question – wondering if he’d stopped attending to work on the Healer title he bore after all.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Determined to keep the conversation light and breezy, Loren just grinned at Sunjata's comment. "Ah, so you began misbehaving early, then." The healer didn't know exactly how to respond to the statement about the Arbiter's father, so the Launceleyn just gave the other man an understanding look.

"Was." Giving Sunjata a slightly chagrined look, Loren rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Hopefully it was what it was. I'm giving this whole self-improvement thing a try." Tone wry, he glanced at the Arbiter, wondering how he'd react to that news.

The healer smirked at the other man's question. "Technically, I suppose the answer to that is yes." Then the Launceleyn's eyes narrowed. "Why the sudden interest in the Arcane Academy?" The question came out a shade too casually to be casual.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Something like that.” Sunjata snorts. “I had to try and have a bit of excitement when I could.” Even if it always ended poorly. At least his father hadn’t ever heard of the few trips Saar and he had taken to the beaches. Subconsciously he wonders what sort of punishment that would’ve led to…

But he ignores the traveling thoughts to Loren’s comment, nodding and offering a slightly brighter grin. “Good. Looks good on you.” He rumbles with a tilt of his head. That and the whole not giving into the honey badgering within Loren’s skin of wanting to fight literally everything and everyone, certainly helped the image.

As for the Arcane Academy, Sunjata rolls his eyes with a light smirk. “Maybe because I’m curious if you’ve been flinging more meat at ursurs.” A shrug of his shoulders to that, a Cheshire grin sent Loren’s way.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Loren let out a huff of laughter at Sunjata's explanation. "Had to or have to?" Giving the Arbiter a wry and maybe slightly challenging look, the healer raised his eyebrows. Seemed to him that could still describe the other man to this day.

Nodding, the Launceleyn shrugged. "Let's wait to see how long it lasts this time before we start flinging compliments." His tone was self-deprecating, since he knew the road to his better self was long, and he had a nasty habit of backtracking.

Grinning, he shook his head. "Nope. My life has been Ursur free for a while." He chuckled a bit. "Thanks for your concern though."
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s a playful grin shot back Loren’s way, absorbing any of the dark memories he kept hidden from most. “Things are almost always exciting here.” He gestures, pulling a hand out of his pocket to gesture to the world around them. “Plus there’s a lot less in terms of consequences.” A huff of a laugh to that, shrugging and sticking his hand back in his pocket.

The next comment is granted a nod – though imagining it was at least somewhat nice to hear while things were okay. But if Loren wished for him to keep quiet on it, then he would. It wasn’t worth the frustration of beating a dead horse about it to try and prove to Loren the truth to it. So instead, he… Doesn’t, just bites his tongue and nods along.

As for the Arcane Academy? There’s a huff of a laugh that recovers any damper of the mood, shrugging his shoulders lightly. “Glad to hear it.” He rumbles with amusement, shaking his head to the summoner before he can start to see the brief outline in the distance of the portal.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Snorting, Loren just gave Sunjata an amused look. "It's impossible to argue with that." The healer let out a huff of laughter. "In fact, I've had enough excitement for several lifetimes." Shaking his head a bit ruefully, he smiled faintly.

Spotting the portal in the distance, he found his steps slowing a bit, not quite willing to part with the Arbiter quite yet. "I will be sure to let you know if that changes." Grinning, the Launceleyn punched the other man gently in the shoulder. "And you keep me updated about any changes on your end, yeah? From the sounds of things, it's going to be positively dull here once the snows set in."
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Gods, I understand that one.” Sunjata replies easily, a swift smirk crossing his face with that. But his own steps slow with Loren’s as well, before they eventually stop for the moment, turning to face Loren, lips parting to add something else, some snark probably, hands shoved into his pockets when Loren speaks again. “Please do.” Sunjata replies with a quiet chuckle, before Loren’s punch reaches his shoulder – soft and friendly, though it shifts something of a memory in his gut at that and his head tilts up a small amount, ignoring it for the moment.

I’ll keep you updated.” He replies, a small tilt of his head to that as he considers it. “If anyone can handle the snows, Loren, I think it’s you.” He snorts to that. “I’d whine the entire season and you wouldn’t be able to get rid of me quick enough.” He winks, shoving his hands a bit further into his pockets as he considers the summoner before him. “Though might make for a good drunken story.
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Nodding, Loren grinned a bit wistfully at Sunjata. They'd both been through more than their fair share of losses, so the healer wasn't surprised the Arbiter understood and agreed with the sentiment. Nodding again when the other man told the Launceleyn to stay in touch, he slipped his hands into his pocket. "I'm looking forward to hearing from you." The smile on his face indicated that he genuinely meant that.

Snorting, he shrugged. "Honestly, having to stay in one place, drink, and do nothing sounds like an undeserved break to me." Letting out a huff of laughter, he smirked a bit at Sunjata's comment about his own lack of cold tolerance. "Well if you don't get on your way soon we might just find out how much cold and snow you can really stand." Loren gave the Arbiter a cheerful wave goodbye, a far cry from how this visit had begun.
LOREN