get the moonlight out of your hair
for Harper
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lily
sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Raising her glass to his insistence that it’s true, she won’t play coy enough to deny his words. A woman has to know her worth, when to accept a compliment and when to be demurely humble. The trick is finding what works. Waving away his feelings about her loss, Lily replies, “Unfortunately, death is a as common here as it was at home. More monsters, less disease, but -” a shrug, as if to say that it’s a part of life. You love. You lose. And then you start the cycle over again.

His finger waggling gets a small chuckle at her, if only because her artistic endeavor was a dick-shaped lantern, more the work of a graffiti artist than a true sculptor. “This one was… not so artistic. A joke, but I like to think they approved.” In fact, she knows Lucas would have approved of anything that went vulgarly against the grain, anything that had more of a home at an orgy than at a memorial.

Leaning forward, Lily focuses on Harper as he talks about what he does in Caido and how long he’s been here. The news about Phoebe, however, draws an audible reaction. “What?!” she exclaims a bit incredulously, as if she can’t believe the words that are coming out of his mouth. “So that’s why she left the Medical College? For a brothel?” Upon hearing it said aloud, the entertainer reconsiders. Well. The Medical College had been kinda shit an pointless. A noble endeavor, but the girl had been more enthusiastic than realistic about its success. “I suppose the world’s oldest profession can always need a good midwife and healer,” she concedes congenially, with a bit of a raised brow.

And then they’re on to her, again. While the redhead doesn’t blush, she does hesitate for a moment, pointer finger circling the rim of her glass. “An… entertainer of Men, mostly. I can sing, dance, and play the harp… but I was most successful at, ah, losing on purpose at cards, drinking champagne, being witty and … playing the highborn, proper lady or the milkmaid, and everything in between…” And while she’s generally not one to be embarrassed about this sort of thing, there’s still a bit of a stigma in her mind. She knows men in her time don’t want anything other than a modest virgin who obeyed their husband.

So all she can offer is an off-hand shrug to Harper and allow him time to digest it. “By the time I tripped into Caido, I’d become a sought-after companion. But I don’t miss it. The freedom a woman has here is more than I’d ever dreamed of.” And the best part is that she doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to in order to be self-sufficient.
merry of soul, she sailed on a day
over the sea to Skye

Messages In This Thread
get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 04-16-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 04-22-2020, 01:55 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 05-01-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 06-03-2020, 12:26 AM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 06-14-2020, 12:13 AM