get the moonlight out of your hair
for Harper
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347

Harper hums in soft, contemplative agreement. "It's not that I'm unused to it, but the world here is certainly more...wild. Deaths happen but not at the hands of wars or interpersonal violence. It's difficult for me to adapt to." Yes, they had reached the cosmos and found other life in the future she will never see - never would have, even if The Voice hadn't intervened - but most loss of life came from war, human greed, and complex diseases. Not monsters and magic.

Her laughter is enveloping and soothing, and his smile follows in turn, grinning at the implication of a joke lantern. "Then it was perfectly done all the same." Harper himself would rather people remember him in a positive light, than mourn his loss. An unlikely occurrence considering how much grieving he's done for others, but it's a nice thought, and he's glad Lily could do so if only once.

A laugh is startled out of him at her exuberant response, chest shaking with his chuckles at her incredulity. "Frey asked it of her, but she seems eager enough for the role." The reasoning behind her decision aside, it's still not what he would have expected of the terribly young woman. That, too, is something he's finding difficult to get used to here. "The place was a wreck when we started, but hopefully since it was once well-established my job will be easy." Shooting the performer an impish grin. He's not afraid of hard work, but he's also willing to avoid all out brawls. Hopefully people will respect the sex workers and that will be that.

Temporarily his eyes drop to the light finger she traces round the lip of her glass, soaking in the words that fall upon his ears. Harper certainly isn't one to judge - look at his current employment after all - and instead there's a great deal of respect in his features as his gaze lifts to hers once more. "You're far more talented than myself, then. That takes a kind of wit I've proven not to have." Alluding playfully to how easily she'd tricked him in the Greatwood. "In the modern world, it took a long time before that freedom was seen. And some still lingered long past the days of equality being written into the law. I'm glad you can enjoy it here, where that history isn't so prominent." Refusing to say it's non-existent, as it always seems to appear wherever genders, religions, and races mingle.
Harper

Messages In This Thread
get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 04-16-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 04-22-2020, 01:55 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 05-01-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Harper - 05-29-2020, 06:03 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 06-03-2020, 12:26 AM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 06-14-2020, 12:13 AM