get the moonlight out of your hair
for Harper
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347

Harper merely grins sheepishly at her agreement, because well...it's true. Phoebe goes where Frey leads, without care for anyone or anything else. Harper was just the little tugboat being pulled along behind that particular steam engine. Though he's not expecting to be asked about his own thoughts about Frey. "I've only met Ludo and Safrin admittedly, so I can't say for sure. Life and reproduction go hand in hand, and sexual liberty is something I support, so I don't see why I'd dislike them." Then he's overcome by a chuckle, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair, embarrassed. "Though whether they'd like me, well... I'm not someone who does hook ups or friends with benefits. I'm positive they'd call me a total bore." And, well, he's fine with that. "Safrin has been the kindest to me, but meeting Ludo was amazing as well. Religion was so vague and different in my time, the idea of becoming a devoted disciple to just one is boggling." Maybe with more time and meetings, but for now he's fine drifting along in the manner he is. "What about you?" As an entertainer of all sorts, was she more inclined towards Frey in the same way Phoebe was?

"I wouldn't say no to stealing a bit of your wit," he teases, happy to boyishly enunciate the slight rhyme. It eases away beneath her next question, and he wishes he'd had a more formative education that didn't go from shoddy homeschooling at the circus to learning how to kill instead of his timetables. At least he can give her the big events if nothing else. "Not long after your year there was a civil war, and many Native Indians were forced from their lands and killed in a brutal journey, then forced into small reservations. The slave trade was abolished, women fought for the right to vote. Another civil war was fought for equality for black citizens. Cures for diseases like syphilis, cholera, rabies, and smallpox. The homosexual community -" lord how much does she know, what words are familiar to her? "- fought for their rights for equal consideration for employment, and the right the marry. We discovered a cure for different kinds of cancer. Equality was still a slow uphill battle even in my time. We had our first black and female presidents." He gives a helpless shrug, smiling. "So many bad things, yes. World wars, bombs that destroyed entire cities. But so many good things too."
Harper

Messages In This Thread
get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 04-16-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 04-22-2020, 01:55 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 05-01-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 06-03-2020, 12:26 AM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Harper - 06-11-2020, 08:51 PM
RE: get the moonlight out of your hair - by Lily - 06-14-2020, 12:13 AM