cut the cable on every table I lose
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
Recognition dawns on Hotaru in quite the similar manner, recalling the Festival and how she'd looked up from Deimos' side at all the commotion. At the time she'd recognized Loren, but his meek departure had kept her from summoning the energy to get involved. It had not been an easy day for her - for any of them. But this, despite her initial and presently lesser but inescapably there misgivings, is helping to ease her down from a precipice she hadn't even noticed she was standing on before now. She hides her uneasy expression behind her glass as soon as Sunjata refills it, self-loathing writhing in her belly to be wrestled at a later hour lest they catch onto her.

It also keeps her from immediately responding to Sunjata, to snap in the way that she wants to. But there is still something cold hiding the hurt behind her eyes as she turns it fearlessly towards him. She may be fine with how they parted, capable of being friendly or at least civil, but this particular topic is one she has already cried on his shoulder about. "And if I wanted to be tied down? Promiscuity and romantic hopes are not mutually exclusive." It takes effort to keep her neutrality, but it comes out smoother than she anticipated. Though she tips her head in acquiescence of the idea of being too good for the healer, a wry grin settling in the corner of her mouth. "Better is subjective when there's so much competition these days," she points out with a mischievous lilt to her tone, cutting her eyes purposefully over to Sunjata who is quite the guilty party here. How many people had he taken off the board for availability already?

Despite this she doesn't shirk his touch, letting her hand fall so that her fingertips brush over his in quiet communication. For all her sharp edges, they both still manage to make her feel soft. "I'll keep that in mind. It's a deal." Both the concept of having a choice, and that he would miss her in some way if she went to Halo. It's a quiet vow that she knows Nate doesn't understand, but he has been respectful of their inside knowledge so far. Nate is not one to be ignored himself though, and she can't help the indulgent grin that escapes her control when he leans forward into her space immediately after. "I don't know. If not Halo, then...well, wherever I'm needed I suppose." Wherever Deimos thinks she should be, most likely. There are no other ideas in her mind.
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
cut the cable on every table I lose - by Hotaru - 04-19-2020, 04:44 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 08:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-20-2020, 06:23 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Hotaru - 04-21-2020, 06:13 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 06:47 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 07:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-23-2020, 02:08 AM